Chapter One

Copyright © 2012, McKinley Raye (SerialLover) All Rights Reserved: The information on this page may not be reproduced, tweaked, or republished on another webpage or website. 

ADDED MORE!!!!

CHAPTER ONE

I sat in the second row in Mr. James' number three-ten room. I sat behind Cole Hart and over by one. It was in perfect view of his profile. His chisled features were what caught me most, but I've never even talked to him. But if I ever did, I'd probably loose focus looking at his soft pink lips that called me names, or his awkward shade of green-blue eyes that made him attractive, or maybe the way his hair curled and sat perfectly on Cole's head.

"Here," Cole's voice spoke soft and low, snapping me out of daydreaming about him. I bit my lip nervously and took the piles of papers he handed me, brushing his fingers lightly. I took one and passed the stack behind me. I can't believe I came in contact with him, and he didn't look at me in disgust.

I blinked and looked at Mr. James, a very bright red-head nerd ball. He was a great teacher, I thought, but some people made fun of him. I always snickered at them, he was a great teacher and a friend. I had met him the previous year when he covered my geometry class. While remembering that day, half-dazed I wrote the notes Mr. James was saying and pointing to on the SMART board.

"I touched his finger tips," I gossiped to one of my close friends, Kaylee.

She tsk tsked at me and turned the dial on her locker. "Why do you like him? He's an idiot!" She opened her locker on the last turn when it clicked, and grabbed her World History book as well as mine. "He's not even hot."

"He is too," I whined grabbing my book. "So maybe he isn't the smartest guy, or the most sensitive guy, or the cutest, but he makes me crave him. It's like how you like three guys. You want them all, you crave them, but two of them have girlfriends."

"Shut up," she hissed and pushed past me with her brunette hair with blond highlights flying behind her in a braid.

I groaned, she always had to be so difficult when it came to the guys she liked. I thought one of them was cute, but the others, oh no. She liked a senior named Aaron Roy, who was a dark mexicano and was very funny. Then she liked two guys in our grade, Brendan Urn and Tyler Cunningly. They were both funny and both played football.

The bell rang. I widened my eyes, seeing no one was in the hallway. I bit my lip and hurried down the hallway, turning the corner and running into Cole. I fell backwards, but he caught me. We both stared into each others eyes with nervous face, but he put me back on my feet smirking. "Watch where you're going, Mallory." He picked up my notebook and World History book. He handed them to me and walked away.

I finally started to breath again and leaned against a wall, falling to the ground smiling. I can't believe he knew my name. How did he know my name? He probably knows it because we have four classes together, and lunch. I bit my lip and sighed. Today was wonderful, even though there was still the fact that was the only time he'd smirked at me.

"Shouldn't you be in class, Miss?" asked a teacher rounding the corner. She stopped in front of me with her hands on her hips, daring me to speak.

"Yeah, I should," I said standing up and walking the same direction the teacher was. It was sort of awkward how we just walked side-by-side with no words being said. I, finally, walked into my stupid World History class and took my seat beside Kaylee and an annoying boy named, Carter.

'Where were you?' Kaylee mouthed with her furrowed brows.

'Cole,' I mouthed back smiling. She raised an eyebrow questioning, about to say something else but the teacher took over the talking and bored everyone into a lecture about Russians and Americans.

"So what happened with Cole?" Kaylee asked after class as we walked toward our lockers to get our bags.

I smiled and turned my dial as I explained every detail of what happened. "It was amazing."

Kaylee shook her head laughing. "Wow, that is not amazing. That's lame."

I shot her a dirty look as I put my messenger bag strap on my shoulder. "I'll call you after football practice is over, okay?"

"Okay," Kaylee sighed retreating to her own locker. I smiled and headed down the hallway toward the gym. I was on the football team, running back, as well was my friend, Ashley. People were suprised when our team showed up with two girls on the team. I smiled and walked into the girls' locker room. It was football time.

"Hey Ashley," I said as she put on her practice jersey over her shoulder pads. I smiled and changed clothes into my gym shirt and my football pants full of pads.

"Hey," Ashley said putting on her helmet so you couldn't see her long brown-black hair. "I can finally play now!"

"About time," I muttered slipping on my shoulder pads and my practice jersey. I smiled and grabbed my helmet out of my gym locker. "Let's go." We walked out of the locker room and caught up with some of the guys.

"Oh look it's a couple of girls," said one of the taller guys. I rolled my eyes and walked in front of them, tucking my dyed-black hair behind my ear.

"Shut up dick head," Ashley spat at them. "You think girls can't play football? Mal has been playing it with you for the past two weeks!"

"Yeah but now you are here," said another guy. "And you're a whiney bitch."

I looked back to see Ashley kick one of them. "Ash, stop!" I pulled her back and threw her to the ground. "Stop." I walked past her and outside.

"Mallory," said a voice. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. I felt a soft hand grab my wrist, the same hand that caught me earlier, the same hand that brushed against mine; Cole's.

I turned and looked at him. "What?" I tried to stay mad, but I couldn't. He kept staring at me with those beautiful eyes.

"Come on," Ashley groaned grabbing me away from Cole and dragging me away. I kept looking back at Cole, but he was laughing with his friends. I felt heartbroken. He wasn't going to confess a crush he had for me or kiss me passionately like in the books and movies; he was going to be mean to me for a bet.

"Why are guys such idiots?" I asked quietly looking at my feet as Ashley dragged me down to the practice field.

Ashley looked both ways as she crossed the street and said, "Girls are the same way. They do the same thing in a different way."

I bit my lip and put my helmet on so no one could see the tears that were trailing from my eyes. I sniffled and cleared my throat. I was going to toughen up, I was at football practice for crying out loud! I put on my poker face and stared striaght ahead, not talking to anyone except the coaches.

________________________________________________________________

A/N: I don't know if you read my update, but this story is like, halway true.