You're not alone (13)

Start from the beginning

-CAMILA! – I shouted – WAIT! – Camila stopped at the door, she was holding something in her right hand.

-What is it, Jauregui? – she asked turning to look at me.

-I... I'm sorry. – I stuttered panting due to my little sprint.

-Why are you like this, huh?

-Like this how? – I asked. Camila huffed looking at me with a serious countenance.

-Are you serious right now? – she let out a chuckle – Strange, you are strange. – Camila made a brief pause – Everything was completely fine and then you... You know what? Nevermind.

I made a move to approach her, but with a gesture with her hands Camila stopped me as she walked to the table that was near the door leaving on it the small envelope she was holding, I didn't move, I just kept my eyes fixed on it as Camila left my house, the strong slam of the door scared me, so in large and hurried steps I went to the door opening it abruptly. Camila was already entering her car.

-CAMILA! – I shouted again, the Latina looked up looking at me with part of her body already inside the car.

-I'll see you one of these days, Jauregui. – those were her last words before closing her car door and disappearing from my line of sight.

"How could I be so stupid? She was just looking at the picture." – I cussed myself mentally.

I went to the table where she left the envelope and picked it up without giving much importance, and then went back to my bedroom leaving it on the bed to then drag myself to the bathroom, where I let the water jets get rid of the pain that my chest began to feel. After a good long shower, I put on my robe and threw myself on the bed letting my body sink into the soft mattress. I grabbed the golden envelope, it had a thin black lace bow, I opened the bow revealing what was written on the envelope:

"Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one. Before us lies the open road, a future filled with love and adventure. Please join us.

Robert Simpson & Camila Cabello"

It was Camila's wedding invitation.

I blinked several times, I read, reread and read again. "Robert Simpson & Camila Cabello" I repeated to myself, not even their names match on paper, let alone in real life.

I threw the invitation to a corner, I didn't want to think about anything, I just wanted to sleep for two days straight. An unknown pain, an unbearable pain hit me like a car crashing into a wall at 250 km per hour, I could feel my bones being crushed. I closed my eyes leaning my head on the headboard. I began to breathe deeply, letting out all the air calmly, regulating my breathing.

This is definitely the worst day of the year. I opened the drawer where was the picture frame with my photo and my mother's, I picked it up and brought it to my chest. Accommodating myself on the big bed and covering myself, I let out a sigh hugging it, I could say that I was fine, that everything would be okay, but I just didn't feel like that.

-----

POV Camila Cabello

After my night yesterday with Lauren I realized that I met the worst side of her, the stupid side, and if she thinks that I'm going to run after her she is completely mistaken, she's the one who fucked up, she's the one who needs to fix it. Upon arriving home I was only able to fall on the bed and black out. Sofi was in Dinah's house and she slept there, their friendship gave me a pang of jealousy, because Sofi whenever she can, she prefers to stay with her than with me. Also, I'm too busy, I never have time for her, but today I would, today I would take her to go shopping, to go to the movies and to go lunch in one of the best coffee shop/restaurant there was in Miami.