Chapter 22

Justin's POV

The car ride back to my house was quiet until Jazzy spoke up, "So am I the one being nosy and wanting to know what happened back there?" She lightly laughed trying to lighten the mood.

I looked over at Lauren who stared out the window. She didn't look happy or mad. Just upset but she couldn't be upset with me. I did nothing to her. It was all Jason. But if she was not talking. I wasn't going to talk. My phone began to vibrate. I pulled it out as I answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey." The familiar voice echoed. I looked back at the caller ID. I read Chantel's name. I went back to the phone. 

"What do you want?" I spat.

"Let's do something tonight. I miss you." Chantel said.

I looked over at Lauren who didn't flinch or didn't even wonder who I  was talking to. "Yeah, yeah. I will get you later. Just stay put." I said trying to make it sound like my brother or Shane as I hung up the phone.

Jazzy was the one who decided to speak up, "Who was that?" She asked me.

"Shane." I lied.

"What did he want?" Jazzy asked.

"Why does it matter?" I said looking at her in the rear view mirror. I looked back over to Lauren who didn't say anything. She just sat there emotionless and it's like she wasn't breathing. She just wouldn't budge.

"Because I am your sister and you should let your girlfriend know too." Jazzy growled.

"I don't have to tell you everything Jazzy so just drop it." I spat back.

"Fine. You go off with Shane and do whatever you men do." Jazzy rolled her eyes sitting back.

"Thank you." I said continuing to focus on the road. We had finally arrived back at the house and I noticed Lauren slowly get out as she just still didn't say one word.

"Lauren." I said trying to get her. She didn't look at me as she just mumbled, "mhm?" 

"I have to go get Shane. So just stay here for me." I said. "Then I will be back and we will talk. I promise baby, I will never hurt you again like that. Make you run off. I promise." I said with a smile before kissing her forehead.

She just sat on my bed as slowly walked out my bedroom door as I kept turning back hoping she would say something. Anything worked for me. Call me a dick. Call me an asshole. Call me a cheater because I knew she I was. Nothing left her lips. I love you Lauren, say something to me my mind and heart  said to me. Did I really love Lauren? 

Yeah you do.

No you don't. She is just a hoe for you that has more class than the rest of them.

I shook my head from my thoughts as I walked out to a different car that made me look god in front of Chantel. I hopped in and began pulling out of the driveway. 

Lauren's POV

Why was I so stupid? Why didn't I listen to Justin when he told me his brother was bad news? I couldn't get over Justin pushing me like that but then again he broke down the door to get me? It was like I couldn't decide whether I hated him or want to hate his guts. I see Jazzy come around the corner. "Somebody is at the door and refuses to leave until he talks to you." 

I got off the bed as I went down to look outside. I saw Stephen standing behind Justin's gates to his home. I was about to press the button to let him in.

"What are you doing?" Jazzy exclaimed. 

"He's a good friend." I said pressing the button as the gates opened.