Chapter 8

Lauren's POV

I followed Justin as I proceeded to be led back to the nice Maybach.

"Oh by the way. I have plans that I really don't want to attend but it's involves me talking to important people and donating money to charity so when we get back, you can go home." Justin said smiling.

"Okay sounds good to me." I laughed.

"Honestly I would rather you in my office all day but its business shit and I can't not go." He said as we walked hand and hand until we finally got back into the car as I then saw my phone buzz. It was Stephen.

"Hey can you call me." I read his text message inside my head.

Justin was texting or doing work stuff on his phone. I began calling Stephen.

"Hey." I said with a smile.

Justin then looked up and over at me being curious.

I hear Stephen's voice echo my ears, "Hey. I had something to ask you."

"Yeah what is it?" I asked.

"I know it's last minute and everything but there is a Gala tonight and a couple of my team mates and my coach but it's a party but there will be auctions for charities and dinner."

"That sounds fun." I exclaimed wondering where Stephen was going with this as Justin's eyes were still glued to me.

"I was wondering if you wanted to be my date?" He asked nervously.

I was speechless as I didn't know what to say.

"I don't know just because it's tonight and I don't have money for a dress.." I said as I saw Justin cocked and eyebrow in confusion.

"I can get you a dress...I mean unless you really don't want to go?"

"No, I really do. It sounds so much fun but I just-" I said before I hear Stephen asking if I could meet him at this fancy dress store downtown.

"Alright, then sounds good." I said excitedly.

I hung up the phone feeling warm and bubbly inside. Did I just get asked out by the famous NBA MVP Stephen Curry..or what if he just needed a date and thought of me? I couldn't wait till we got back to office and Justin already said I could go home so I was going to meet Stephen at the dress shop nearby.

"Who was that?" Justin asked.

"One of my roommates. She wants to go out tonight." I lied. I hated bringing Stephen up to Justin and bringing Justin up to Stephen. It was like I knew they despised one another so I knew it was better to keep my mouth shut about them around each other.

"Why wouldn't you have money to get a dress though if you are just going out tonight?" He asked.

I shrugged, "She said it was going to be ritzy party."

"You are going to be good though right like don't go home with any guys or get plastered for work tomorrow morning?"

I glared at him, "You aren't my dad."

"I am just saying people out here are crazy and I don't want touching you or loving you except me." Justin shot back trying to sound nice.

"Anyone can touch me and love me because last time I checked I am a single girl. I can do whatever I please, so stay in your damn lane." I smirked.

"Oh really now?" He smirked back. "Daddy J doesn't share his property with anybody."

"I am not your property you fucking asshole." I said slapping his arm.