5|| platonic love

platonic love is today's' point of discussion.

platonic.

nice word, isn't it? platonic.

whisper it a few times; "platonic" "platonic" "platonic" "platonic"...~

ok.

"Platonic love is a type of love that is celibate and non-sexual. The term is named after Plato, who was the first to describe this kind of love. Platonic love in this original sense of the term is examined in Plato's dialogue the Symposium, which has as its topic the subject of love or Eros generally."

(this is what our dear wiki friend says about the word 'platonic'.)

so, based on what we know at this point, platonic love is a relationship without sex. you could call it friendship but I don't think you understand the point of it if you do.

romantic relationship and platonic relationship are siblings.

an interesting fact is that people think there's a huge difference between a 'relationship' (romantic) and a 'friendship' (platonic) when in reality that is not that easy to part them. it's so interesting that the boyfriend is supposed to be all perfect and know exactly what the girl wants and basically should read her mind or something when the friends of the girl are treated much better if you think about it. (stereotypically speaking, that is)

i have people that i am not interested in getting a romantic relationship with, but i still can't act normal. my friends think i have a crush when in reality you could actually call it that. i like to call it 'the friendship-crush' or 'squash'.

i start blushing, i am overly interested in them, get jealous easily, want to get to know them better, but instead of wanting to kiss or basically have a romantic & physical relationship with them i really just want to take them home and cuddle on the couch with blankets, movies and lots of food; platonic love.

it's not a normal friendship because I don't want to be normal friends with them. i want to be friends with them. like, i want no one else talking to them, and i want all of their attention.
when the squash works out aka i become close to this person, it only gets worse because i am basically a terrible girlfriend, constantly in need of their attention and i get really nastily jealous when they even mention having more friends besides me.

'it's totally crazy, i know, but I'm just cautious. i just want to protect them because I don't trust that new friend of theirs. the new friend probably wants them to break my friend and me apart and that can't happen. it just can't, it will break my heart.'
(~>this is how my mind tries to reason but it still doesn't make sense.)

that's another thing; platonic love can just as easily break your heart and leave you crying as romantic love.

so, this was me talking about platonic love. leave your thoughts in the comments if you have any.

(ok that sounded mean...it's not like i don't think you have thoughts, i just mean thoughts on this topic. pls don't shout at me i will cry.)