Last Day Of School

I walk into class and take my seat that's next to Greg.

"Alright little birds find your nests." Mr.Anderson says.

"Okay I know we don't usually have students this late into the term but we do and his name is Braden Higgins." Mr.Anderson continues.

He points to a huge guy standing in the front of the classroom and when I say huge I mean HUGE. Wait Braden isn't that the name of my- oh my god it is! I see the family resemblance, he looks a lot like my dad. I stare at him with my eyes wide and my mouth hanging open. Out of the corner of my eye I see Greg, Ty and Andre looking at me.

"There's an empty desk over there, why don't you pop a squat?" Mr.Anderson says. Braden looks at me and starts walking towards the seat behind me.

"It go that way man, take your own path."

He got to the seat behind me and the guy holds up his wallet.

"No, I sit here." Braden tells him. The guy nods his head, picks up his things and moves to the empty desk. Braden then sits down.

"Is your dad Marcus Higgins?" Greg asks.

"Yeah, I've known him since I was a baby, he's the funniest." Andre adds.

"Yeah he's the best. Great great man." Ty says.

"I wanna smash his face." Braden tells them.

"Yeah me to." Andre changes his mind.

"I hate that guy!" Greg changes his mind to.

"Screw him!" Ty adds. I giggle at them.

"What am I going to do with you guys?" I ask them. I then turn around and face Braden.

"I'm Emma. I'm your sister I guess." I say. He stands up and hugs me, I hug back and he sets me down. We sit back down and Mr.Anderson continues.

~

"And now we've reached the end of another great year. Ten months of learning, growing and hopefully fun. But the journey we began in September does not end today. Education is a process that does not end-" Our principal was saying an announcement but gets interrupted by the school bell. Everyone jumps up and cheers. I walk with Bree to clear out my locker, since hers is right next to mine.

"So Bree I have a question. You know Andre Mackenzie?" I ask her.

"Yeah why?"

"I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go to the Feder's party with him tonight."

"You can get me a date with Andre Mackenzie?" She asks in shock.

"Yeah he's one of my best friends why- wait do you like him?" Her eyes widen and she looks away blushing.

"Oh my god! You do!"

"Okay I do by why do you ask?"

"Well I happen to know he likes you too."

"He does?"

"Yep."

"Kay well tell him that I'll meet him there."

"Kay cya later!"

I walk out of school to see Greg, Ty and Andre walking away with Braden.

"Guys wait!" I say and they turn around.

"I thought you already left." Greg says.

"I was cleaning out my locker, but anyways I talked with Bree and guess who's going with her to the party tonight?"

"You got me a date with Bree Carter?" Andre asks smiling like an idiot. I nod and Andre picks and spins me around and I laugh. He sets me down and I turn to Greg.

"I got to go o dance then your moms work. But I will see you tonight kay?" I tell him.

"Ok but I'm going to be a little late tonight because of my shift at the Ive Cream House." He replies. I nod and kiss him quickly. I pull away and tell them all bye. I then start walking towards the dance place.