Bus Ride

I wake up to my alarm clock. I slam it to make it shut up. I then smile and jump up because it's the last day of school. I take a shower, brush my hair, leave it wavy and put it into a high ponytail (with a braid on the side but when it gets to the elastic it stops), brush my teeth, put of deodorant and put on some perfume. I then walk into my room and get dressed(outfit above). I jog downstairs to get a pop tart and see dad up. I don't say anything because I don't even wanna know this morning.

"I got a call from an old girlfriend. Apparently you have an older brother named Braden." He says. My eyes widen and I spin on my heel to look at him.

"Uhhhh okay? Imma leave to Greg's so I don't miss the bus. Love you bye!" I say as I grab my bag and walk out the door to Greg's. I put my penny board down and start riding there.

                             ~
After my 10 minute ride I arrive at the Feder's house. I see Becky riding circles around Lenny while Greg, Keithie and him talk.

"Keithie's right, I'm too chicken to even tell her." I hear Greg say.

"But you're going to tell her. That's the way I raised you, not to be scared of women." Lenny tells him.

"Oh, Dad did you ask mom if I could play football?" Keithie asks Lenny.

"No I'm scared she's going to yell at me in that accent no one can understand."

"Tell who what now?" I ask as I walk up, they turn around and Greg's eyes go wide.

"Nothing!" Greg says quickly.

I raise an eyebrow at him but shrug it off and walk over to him. He hugs me and kisses my forehead. We then pull away and he puts an arm around me.

"I still don't understand how you ended up with the hottest girl at school! And when you were 14!" Keithie says. Wait...I'm the hottest girl in school? I always hear guys talking about my best friend Bree Carter.

Bean then rides up on his bike and stops next to Becky.

"C'mon Becky! It's 8 o'clock and school start at 8:15, that means we only have twenty five minutes!" Bean yells her. I share a look with Greg and Keithie. How the hell did he end up with 25 minutes?

"Daddy, you promise Mr.Gigglesworth will be better by bedtime?" She asks looking up at Lenny.

"Oh would you stop worrying about it. He'll be fine okay?" He kisses Becky on the cheek.

"Have the best day okay!" He tells her. She nods at him. They ride off on their bikes.

"My god look at that, riding their bikes to school. They couldn't do that now with all the crazies out there." Lenny says speaking his mind.

"Yeah cause thank god their aren't any crazy people out here." Keithie says sarcastically.

The bus arrives and our bus driver, Nick opens the door to the bus.

"How ya doing Nick?" Lenny asks him.

"My wife's leaving me after 3 weeks." Nick tells him as Greg, Keithie and I silently laugh.

"Three weeks. That's not bad for you. What happened?"

"She found me eating a banana...with my butt."

"Oh and she didn't like that."

"She got really bummed out, but you know I shouldn't have done it at her mother's house."

"Or you shouldn't have done it at all." I say. Lenny even silently laughs at what I said.

"Yeah you seem a little extra out of it today. What's going on?" Lenny asks Nick.

"Yeah I am medicated. I met this really reliable doctor at a sespril concert and he floated me a couple of pills to make me feel better, ya'know? But I don't feel better. You feel worse." He says and he says the last part in a deep voice though.

He passes out and Lenny and Greg put him in the last seat of the bus. Lenny takes over as the bus driver and Greg and I take a seat in the middle.

"So what happened to Mr.Gigglesworth this morning?" I ask.

"Well Becky left the door open last night in case any animals wanted to get in." He says.

"Again?"

"Yeah and a deer got in the house. He peed on my dad, then peed on me when I was in the shower. Dad used Mr.Gigglesworth to get the deer outside, but the deer got him before dad could move. Now he's torn to pieces." After he says that I laugh and nod in understanding.

"So what were you guys talking bout this morning about telling someone something?" I ask.

"Nothing!" He says and I give him a look.

"Babe I promise it was nothing, just let it go please." He says to me.

I sigh and look him in the eyes. We both lean in and kiss. I still feel sparks every time we kiss just like the first time. Even after 3 years he still makes me feel all giddy inside. We continue to kiss until Andre, Charlie(Charlotte) and Ty get on. Ty and Charlie sit behind us which is the seat across from Donna and Keithe, and Andre sits in the seat across from us.

"Why is it that every time I see you two, you're making out?" Andre asks. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at him.

"You're just jealous cause you don't have a girlfriend." I state.

"Yeah about that, I know you're really good friends with Bree Carter. So I was wondering if you could hook me up with her?" He asks.

"I don't know Andre." I tell him.

"Oh please please please please pleeeeaaaassssee?" He asks while giving me the puppy dog eyes. I groan in defeat.

"Okay fine! I'll talk to her at school!"

"You're the greatest friend ever!"

"I try."

I lean into Greg and lay my head on his chest I feel him chuckle. Then the school bully, Duffy, starts to pick on Donna.

"Hey where'd you get those shoes? Losers R Us?" He asks her.

"I made them."

"You made them. In a toilet?"

"Get lost Duffy!" Charlie and I say in sync.

"Yeah leave her alone!" Keithie says. Awwww he's sticking up for her. Duffy grabs the collar of Keithie's shirt.

"What's you say to me?" He asks.

"Uhh nothing, nothing!" Keithie says.

"Attention K-Mart shoppers, let's find a seat please. Yes you in the camouflage and Mariah Carrey hairdo, yeah just pop a squat thank you." Lenny says over the intercom.

"You're luck your dad's here, but he won't be here all day." Duffy says punching Keithie's cheeks.

"Leave me alone!" Keithie says while swatting his hands away.

"Excuse me, bean bag chair with arms and legs. Seriously take a seat or seats before someone gets hurt." Lenny says.

Everyone bursts into laughter. Duffy them told Keithie that he's dead and Keithie immediately stops laughing and look scared.