Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

OKAY SO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE THE AVENGERS (WHICH MEANS THAT YOU ARE EITHER INSANE OR YOU LIVE UNDER A ROCK) THEN I AM JUST GOING TO WARN YOU THAT THERE IS A LITTLE BIT OF A SPOILER IN THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE DON'T GET MAD BECAUSE I DID WARN YOU BEFORE HAND. ALSO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE THEN I RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO BECAUSE IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

"Tara, shut up!!" Liv said, exasperated as she slammed her hands down on the table. We were once again sitting at out lunch table while Tara gushed over her mystery man! I swear, if Liv hadn't said something than I would have. She was dying to have him come to school but if was Friday and we had three more days until he got here. Until then, we honestly couldn't care.

"What?" Tara asked with wide eyes looking like a deer in headlights. Did she honestly not understand why we were so annoyed with her? Yes, we realize that she was happy about meeting somebody but we didn't want to hear about it 24/7.

"We are so tired of hearing about this guy that we haven't even met. I mean, it's all that you talk about Tara. If it was every now and then that would be fine but it's every minute of every day!" Avery exclaimed. As I looked over at Tara, I couldn't help but notice the few tears that had formed in her eyes.

"Don't worry about them Tara." Nathan said leaning over as he flung his arm across her shoulders. "They're are just jealous because their love lives are non-existent and you have such an awesome dream boat of a guy." He said mocking the words that Liv and I used to describe her mystery man.

"You're so funny Nathan!" I glared.

"Oh, I know. Seriously though Tara. They just want you to shut up so that they don't have to feel so bad about their love lives." He laughed.

"Okay, I understand Sutton wanting me to shut up but Liv has a boyfriend." Tara said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, but she's dating Jake so she doesn't have much to be proud of." He said as he turned to look at Jake.

"Oh!" The table erupted as everyone turned to look at Jake.

"What?" He asked and we all burst out laughing. He wasn't even paying attention. The bell rang and I sighed as I stood up to go to class. I started out and Tara ran up behind me with concern in her eyes. Oh no, here we go.

"Are you all really annoyed that I talk about him so much?" She asked.

"Honestly, a little bit. Don't get me wrong, we're happy for Tara but we just don't like talking about him all the time. I mean he's all that you talk about. I guess it's just a little annoying but it will be better once he finally gets here."

"Yeah, I guess. Look, I'm sorry about talking about him all the time, I just really like him. But no more of that, what's up with you?"

"Nothing much, just trying to get situated at the house a little more. Ashley took me shopping this weekend to decorate my room how I want it so I have to put everything away."

"Really? That's awesome."

"Yeah, I haven't had my own room decorated how I wanted it for a very long time." I said with a small smile. It wasn't even decorated the way I wanted it when I lived with my father. We didn't have the money to decorate it how I really wanted so most of my things were sort of mismatched. I just got what I liked and we could afford. That's how I always lived but Ashley told me that she wanted me to feel at home here so she wanted me to get anything that I wanted while we were shopping. It's not like I took advantage of her generosity while we were shopping but I did spend a little more than I would have with my father. I knew that she could afford it so why not have the room that I wanted? That might sound a little selfish but I felt like I deserved to be selfish for once in my life. I deserved to finally have the life that I wanted and if I wasn't allowed to have my father then I was going to have an amazing life with my new friends.