Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"Sutton, can I speak with you for a moment?" I quickly sat up on my bed and turned towards the doorway where Ashley was standing.

"Yeah, sure." I smiled at her as I closed the book that I was reading. She smiled at me as she closed the door before walking to the bed and sitting down. She looked at me and gave me an awkward smile as she fiddled with her hands. "Is everything okay?" I asked feeling a sense of foreboding. This was it. They were tired of me already and I was going to be sent back. I knew it. It always came but I guess that I hadn't expected it so soon.

"Oh yeah, everything's fine. I actually wanted to talk about you." She said trying to reassure me.

"What about?"

"Well I now that it must be really weird for you to have Brayden drive you to school all of the time so I was talking to Ryan and we came up with a solution." What in the world is she talking about? What kind of solution? "Since you are a senior in high school Ryan and I thought that maybe you would like your own vehicle?"

"Uhm..." Was all I could say. What in the world did she mean? Did she expect me to buy a car. I'm a foster kid, I don't have the money for a car. Did she want me to get a job? I could do that but it would take some time for me to find one.

"Sutton we would like to give you a car." She clarified. What? Is she insane? They can't just give me a car? Did she really think that i could accept that? There is no way that I am taking a car from them! "Now, before you say no I have to tell you that it's not like we went out and bought you a vehicle. It's an old one that has been sitting in the garage for a while and no one uses it so Ryan and I thought that you might want to use it."

"Ashley, I can't accept a car from you."

"Well it's not your to keep but you may use it whenever you like to get you from place to place. Honestly, Sutton it would be nice if you would drive it because it has been in the garage for a few years and not one person has driven it. Besides you can't say no, we insist."

"Ashley, I..."

"No" She insisted as she handed me a pair of car keys. "Come with me." I looked at her dumbfounded before I got up and followed her. I looked at the keys and couldn't help the smile that came over me. It had one of those unlock buttons on the key ring. I never had one of those. Who was I kidding I never had a car before let alone a set of keys for a car! I followed her as we walked into the garage. "This one is yours." She said motioning to the car all the way at the end.

I gave her a small smile before I walked down and looked at the car. No way! It was a flipping LAMBORGHINI!!!!! This was not the type of car that just sat around in the garage. There was no way that this was just an old car that nobody used. I mean it was a lamborghini!

"Ashley?!" I turned to her with wide eyes. "I can't accept this. This is a lamborghini!" I emphasized since saying it in my head just wasn't enough.

"So?" She asked. Are you kidding me? It was completely normal to her to keep a car like this locked up in the garage. Crazy, rich families!

"So? This is a crazy expensive car."

"Oh it's not that bad. Sutton it's okay. It used to be Ryan's but then he got a different vehicle so this one has been sitting around. At least now we have some use for it." That's crazy. Who has a lamborghini just sitting around? That's completely absurd!

"Ashley..."

"Sutton! You are taking this car and there are no buts about it. Now deal with it and just say thank you." She insisted with a smile. I looked at her sincere face and I couldn't help the grin that crossed my face. This was ridiculous. Just a few minutes ago I was worried about being sent to another foster family. Now I was being given a car and a lamborghini at that.