Chapter 12: Talios, The Traitor

"What? WHAT?!" Canyon started screeching, "This can't be! I am a hawk, and he is a kite! And his soul is as dark as Ice Talon's! Perhaps even darker! How can I ever be related to that-that bastard!" She had fury in her eyes, her weak flames now growing more fiercer as Canyon got more agitated.

    "Shh! Canyon, not here!" Alabastorm said. "This is very much true, and there is no way to change this."

    "Hmphf!" Canyon huffed. "Well, then tell me about Talios, the Water-X!" Let's see if you can fight that!

    "Well..." He stared off into the distance. "Canyon, do you like stories? Perhaps legends?"

    Canyon was surprised at this question, her eyes widening. "Why, yes. Why ask me this?"

    "...Because I need to tell you a story about Talios's past. You'll understand better from a story."

    "Alright, then. Let's get to it!"

    Alabastorm took off into flight immediately, flapping up and away,slicing through the fire wires. Past the Ring of Fire. His flaming feathers floated softly to the ground.

    "Wait, where are you going?!" Canyon asked, confused.

    Alabastorm wheeled around in flight, arcing his flight road. "Just follow me. I know the perfect place for storytelling." Then he wheeled back around, and continued onward. 

   Canyon rolled her eyes, then followed him. They soared over volcanoes, which spewed lava, passed by the Shadow Phoenixes land, where young ones were practicing their elemental magic, and finally arrived at a massive library, which towered high into the skies. Alabastorm soared inside, and patiently waved Canyon to follow him.

    "Won't our fire burn the books?" She asked worriedly.

    "Nope. These books were given a fine coating of magic to help it withstand phoenix powers." And in he flew.

    Canyon slowly glided after him. Canyon gasped. Inside, stood towering stands filled with magnificent, golden colored books. Phoenixes of all types were soaring above, trying to pick out a book of their pickings.

    "This way!" Alabastorm said, waking Canyon from her looks of awe at the inside of the library.

    He pulled her towards a quiet looking area that was not bombarded with books. Sapphire perches stood there, with fire resistant diamonds embedded in them. Several phoenixes were already there - reading, and sleeping. Alabastorm took a perch at the far corner, so Canyon took one just right across from him.

    "Okay, Canyon. Do not tell anyone, and I mean anyone about this story. It's very secretive."

    Canyon nodded, eager to hear the story.

    "Okay, here goes Talios's story...

    "We rewind back to 3,400 years ago, when Talios was just but a tiny, well battle trained fledgling. He was aligned with Ice Talons, not knowing Ice Talon's true pure, innermost being nature. Perhaps Talios was just 12 years old at the time, blind to the real dragon.

    "'Ahem, King Ice Talons,' Talios said to Ice Talons, 'When can I join the Elite Quadrant Attack Force? 'Cause I feel like I'm ready!' He was very young, but very vigilant - always on top of things.

    "Ice Talons just grunted, then said, 'After you've finished your Advanced Tsunami Program.' Of course, you stupid chick! He seemed to say from his eyes. But all else, he mostly was encouraging and a great friend to have.