Bella cinderella (Get your party on chapter seven)

Get your party on

The party was in full swing by the time the trio arrived on the dance floor. Everyone stopped and stared for a moment ‘cos they all looked so fine. Marco was nowhere to be seen. In the middle of Vamps Shake It, a little boy ran through the ball room and out towards the elaborate guest house. Max was dressed in a cape and wore fake fangs. All the teen vamps and most of the normals laughed as he ran through the crowd.

    “Max has escaped from his babysitter again. I’ll go get him,” Jewel said.

    Jewel pulled off her tiara and gold slippers, she worried her little brother would unlock the fence and get into the pool. He was so devious.

     As Jewel ran after her half-brother she dropped her shoes. They changed instantly from gold to glass on the ground.

    “Max! Max!” Max had a terrible habit of escaping from his bed, creating drama for the whole neighborhood.

     Jewel’s brother led her into the guest house, opened up for the party that was taking place.

     Suddenly, Jewel saw her stepsister, Vanity, sipping a drink.

     Jewel was clearly recognisable without her mask.

     “What are you doing here?” Vanity asked.

     “I escaped. I’m looking for Max. He’s run away.”

      “How can you blame him? The décor in his nursery is at least ten years out of date!”  Vanity replied.

      They were standing near the pool now.

      “Hey, I’m looking for the girl who…”

       Jewel and Vanity looked up. They could hear Marco’s voice outside.

       “He’s mine,” Vanity snarled. That’s when she employed her most powerful vamp magic to trap Jewel. Vanity pushed her stepsister into the pool and encased her in an air bubble. Jewel was able to breath underwater but unable to swim to the surface.

      Vanity smoothed her dress, pulled on Jewel’s mask and walked over to Marco, “I’m here!” Vanity said.

       “But you’re not…”

       “Give me that!”

       Vanity stuffed her feet into Jewel’s shoes. They immediately turned black and weeds grew over them in hideous, winding tangles, cementing Vanity’s feet to the spot. Vanity screamed just as Marco saw Jewel waving under the water. He dived in like the princely hero he was and released her.

      Marco pulled Jewel from the bubble as she gasped for air.

     “Thanks,” Jewel said.  They noticed Huck and Ruby in the distance pulling Max out of the family tree house.  

     “Should I release her?” Marco asked, glancing at Vanity.

     “Maybe, in about an hour.”

       Marco laughed.

      “Thanks for saving me,” Jewel said.

      Out of the corner of his eye, Jewel could tell Marco was checking his reflection in the water, again. This wasn’t how she imagined getting with Marco. Her perfect man wasn’t supposed to be vainer than her. She wondered how he could possibly be a vampire – she was sure most of them couldn’t see their reflections.

     “You know, Jewel, I totally think you are the hottest girl in school.”

     “Wow, that’s awesome Marco.” Jewel was confused. Wasn’t he supposed to be too cool to say something like that? Weren’t there rumors he was a prince? So far he was really not living up to Jewel’s expectations. Who cared if he was so rich he owned Milan?