9 - Mine

Unknown POV (prior to chapter 5):

She was there. Always there lurking in the corner of the room. Always making my life a living hell. It was her fault if we got here. Why did I have to listen to her that day? If only we would have done what we initially planned, we wouldn't have been caught during the Raid. The worst was that she probably oblivious to it all, her innocence was what got us doomed.

Here we were, stating at each other through the mirror once again. As laid back as ever, she was leaning against the opposing wall wearing her signature innocent smile. What was she after this time? Could she not be a thorn in my side for once?

"What is it this time?" I spat feeling quite on the edge.

"Whoa, easy kitty. I just want to go outside, I've been trapped in this room for long enough. Can we get out now?" the brunette asked.

"We can't and you know why." I harshly replied not feeling it today.

"It doesn't mean that you've just ended your heat that you got to take it all onto me." she replied raising her hands in surrender before pushing herself off the wall. "Please, just this once, I want to get out earlier." she pleaded as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders from the back.

I hated to say it, but her embrace made me feel safe, it made me feel at home.

"Fine, but I'll get to have your dessert." I finally gave in.

"Thank you so much, Sis!" my twin squealed in excitement and squeezed her arms around my neck almost cutting the oxygen out of my system.

That was when a pounding could be heard at our door. This was rather odd, normally those doors were electrified, so only a fool would barge on it. It definitely was not a worker of the facility. Who could this be?

Few minutes passed in silence, both of us were unsure of what just happened.

"Nether Cat, Dr. Susanne expects you to be in her office within 10 minutes."

"Well, I have to go. See you later, Sis!" Camila said before dating off the room as soon as the door opened.

What would I do with her?

Giving one last glance at the mirror, I met the eyes I came to despite. Bright yellow orbs were intensely staring back at me. It was the reminder of our suffering, of everything we had to endure. It was a reminder of everything I had to sacrifice to keep my sister alive. It was a reminder of my crimes.

The voices, they were back once again. Never completely leaving, but always whispering the sins I've come to realize.

'Monster'.

Closing my eyelids, I allowed myself to relax and steady my breathing. Gripping firmly the edge of the counter, I began to let go of everything. Camila couldn't see me like this.

Once I felt in control, brown eyes were staring back at me. This was much better.

I hated when I was in heat, I was confined to my room without any form of interaction. They were scared of me, but they had the right to be.

Turning myself away from my reflection, I contemplated for the first time the damage of my previous state. The word mess would probably be unfit to describe what was displayed in front of me, but it's not like I cared.

Shrugging off the feeling, I had places to be.

Leaving the room, I caught a whiff of a marvelling delicious smell. This was new, I've come across every test subjects in this facility and none of them smelled as good as this.