6 - A Fellow Comrade

As Cara extended her hand as a greeting, I politely went to shake it like most people would do. However, that most people did not include Cara. She pulled me and began to run as if her life depended on it. She was going really fast, turning left and right. If you wanted an image, you could imagine someone running like a mad child while pulling on their puppy's leash. Now, imagine that puppy having a tear in the corner of its eyes due to getting dragged on the ground by their master. That was us.

After many turns here and there, the realization hit me like a train. There was just no way I would be able to locate myself, this place was like a freaking maze! There was no indication whatsoever except the small metal plates on the right side of the doors.

"Could you hurry up, slowpoke, or do I have to carry you? You know, I can hear my food call for me, so I would like to eat it before the mould does!" Cara said without slowing down.

She continued to drag me around for God knows how long, we finally arrived at the cafeteria's entrance. She looked back and smiled at me as if this little marathon had been nothing but a breeze.

"Come on, I'm sure you are hungry too. You'll need to gain a few pounds because everyone will beat you to a pulp." She said cheerfully before entering the cafeteria still not letting go. "I was excited to see you, the new blood. I would have never guessed that the old coot would have let you out this soon. That's peculiar." Cara muttered the last part to herself lost in her thoughts.

The cafeteria reminded me of my school's. There was nothing really fancy in here, the place where you take your tray and some lunch tables. One thing was striking though, the place was nearly empty. Either people were away or there simply weren't many survivors to the experience.

"By any chance, have you been authorized to go out of your room or you were escaping when I discovered you?" Cara surprised me with an odd question.

"What? Why?" I answered with confusion showing on my face.

"Well, we're about to find out..." she answered suspiciously.

As we both crossed the doorframe of the lunchroom, loud sirens and flashing lights went off. Soldiers came in rushing like madmen and pinned me on the ground before I could say 'what'.

As if nothing happened, Cara went to get her meal while I was cursing the world itself. If words could have killed, some people would be burrowed six feet underneath.

"The fuck, Cara?! Care to explain this shit?" I shouted as a man above me squished my head on the floor while another restrained my wrists behind my back.

"Yummy. Oh sorry, I didn't see you down there! I guess that I have my answer now. —" the blonde cockily spoke. She crouched down next to me "—You may have left your creator's territory without being authorized. They hate losing sight of their toy, good luck with that!"

"Back off Leone or you're going to the red room." one of the soldiers barked making Cara leave with a shrug.

The clicking sounds brought me back to reality; both my wrists and ankles have been cuffed. They forced me to stand up and dragged me to my bedroom. With a loud thud, I was seated on the only chair available in the room before the door opened to reveal an angry Dr. Drake.

"Why do you always cause trouble wherever you go?-" the man frustratedly huffed. "—Now, I've got a complaint from another creator since you had to put your nosy nose where it shouldn't have been. Do you know how hard it is to deal with that madwoman?-"

I coughed to hide the snort that was accidentally created. The irony...

"-Not only that but now that everyone knows that you're awake, they will want you to participate in the fights. I do want you to improve at a fast pace, but not at the cost of your life. I've lost too many to them. Whatever, what is done is done. You better set up your game if you intend to live, they won't go easy on you. Might as well go eat with them, make yourself some allies but don't trust them. Trust will be your downfall." Dr. Drake said and walked back to the door.