2 - The Raid

Waking up was a painful process due to soreness of every muscle in my body. It felt like I ran a marathon, something I would never be able to do nor would I want to. The past events were still a blur in my mind but it all came back after a few minutes. The men crashing into my room and then, the blackout.

The last words said by the stranger were still lurking in my mind but I couldn't understand why he said 'special progeny'. It seemed like everyone found something special about me but I was simply a normal girl that tried her best to get through her shitty life.

As I inspected the room I was currently held in, I noticed that I couldn't move as I wished, this was something new. A quick glance at my arms and legs and there they were, the damn things that held me to the metal table I laid on. After all, why I was acting surprised that I was restrained when I previously got kidnapped.

The room was quite cold and dark, just like the kidnapper's heart. Strangely, I was able to remain calm in this odd situation. However, I had to admit that the only thing I could literally be doing was glancing around waiting for someone to come.

Actually, let's rephrase how shitty this situation was, my arms, legs, torso and waist were securely restained by metal cuffs, I was kidnapped and I had no idea what would happen to me from now on.

Maybe I was able to not freak out because I couldn't care less of what would happen to me. Maybe this was the result of being abandoned and let down by everyone you could know of. You stopped feeling in a desperate attempt to protect the remaining of what is left of your heart by shutting everything out. It was hard to keep in touch with my emotions, it was as if I disconnected from the reality from time to time.

The metallic door opened and two people dressed in white coat lab came into the room, a man in his 40s and a short girl in her 20s.

"Ms. Y/F/N Y/L/N, it has been such a long time since we've been looking for you that it's almost surreal to have you here in flesh. It's an honour to meet you!" the man spoke a little bit too joyful.

For my part, I had nothing to say nor I wanted to speak.

"Not very talkative, are we, Ms. Y/L. Just like... Oh my bad, I should keep the suspense a little longer." The man spoke with a smirk sitting on his lips.

"Hopefully, if you cooperate, no harm will be done to you, but if not, I won't be able to secure your safety."

In times like these, I had no choice but to play nice with my kidnappers just not to worsen my situation and when they least expect it... BOOM! You backstab them.

"Now, let's explain the reason why you're here. We found out a way to fuse human chromosomes with animal ones to create hybrids. During shifting, it would turn on the animal chromosomes while turning off the some of the human ones! That is, theoretically... But isn't it fantastic? Anyway, we will inject you the doses but I have to warn you. Since this is still a pilot project, there is approximately less than 1% chance that you will survive. However, if you do, we hope to be able to analyze and transform you into our greatest weapon!" He said nearly jumping of joy.

"Please, don't die on me, it would be a great loss if you did."

This man was a psychopath, if he thought he would get away this easily, he was wrong. I would never forgive him nor forget. I had to escape this place before it was too late.

"Well, let's begin the experiment then! Ms. Grande, if you will." the psychopath spoke.

The short girl took a plate containing many syringes with a substance that could probably glow in the dark. As they approached, I couldn't help myself but to whimper and squirm around. Then, the girl left the room and brought some hospital equipment such as a vital monitor and so on.

"Don't worry dear, it will be over even before you know it!" he said.

I was moving like crazy on the table and the cuffs were probably bruising my skin but I didn't care at this moment.

I felt a stinging sensation in my thigh and slowly began to relax. I have been drugged once again and soon after, I lost control of my limbs. I couldn't even put up a fight, I had to lay there completely powerless while my kidnappers could do as they please with my body.

Shortly after they plugged me with everything needed and secured a strap on my forehead, they placed a hard leather gag in my mouth preventing my jaws to touch. It was similar to a horse's bridle.

It honestly felt like some sort of bad BDSM scene that no one would like to be into but if they did install this, then they probably had their reasons. It was a bad sign.

As the colourful substance slowly entered my body, there was this weird sensation coursing through my veins. Hell, this feeling was growing much more unpleasant as time passed until it all began to hurt and it hurt like a bitch.

It was like my body was on fire but placed in ice at the same time where millions of needles pierced slowly into every part of my body. My body temperature was rising at an alarming rate and my heartbeat was at an abnormal pace.

I was profusely sweating and in the matter of few seconds, the vital monitor beeped furiously to assess that my heart would give up at any moment.

"We are losing her Dr. Drake!" a feminine voice spoke with worry but the madman shrugged lazily.

"Fuck!" I screamed while my body began to convulse. "Please, make it stop! Please!" I begged them as a profusion of tears were rolling down my face.

They kept going on and injected the next substance. This time it was worst, still stuck with the previous symptoms, my skin was now aching and everything began to spin. As breathing felt like a herculean task, I had the urge to puke everywhere.

From then, everything was such a blur that it was hard to distinguish reality from hallucinations. Even death seemed like a sweeter option instead of continuing this suffering. I prayed I would pass out soon or that my heart would give up, anything to make this supplice stop but it didn't. It kept going on for an eternity.

"Clear!" someone shouted and I felt a burning sensation beneath my right collarbone and right under my left mound.

I was so desperate to make it stop that I tried to chew off the leather placed securely in my mouth. If only I had the chance to cut my lingual artery, everything could be soon over but they planned it all beforehand. The leather was unbreakable.

I might have been mere minutes but it seemed like hours, it was finally over as everything went pitch black... Finally...

----------

"Wake up little one! Come on, wake up!" said a voice.

I opened my eyelids slowly and blinked a few times until my eyes adjusted themselves to the lighting in the room.

"Welcome home Byakko..." the voice whisper before the darkness swallowed me.

__________

A/N: Hey, everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter but do you think you can survive in this new world? Haha, comment what you think!

Hoshi

-xxx-