5 - When the Moon Chases the Sun, It Shall Be Rewarded with a Burning Kiss

"Hi Y/N, I hope that you are doing well." Ms. Grande said.

It took a considerable amount of effort not to roll my eyes inside the back of my skull. The woman must have gotten the point when no sound reached my lips.

"Well... Hum..." spoke Ms. Grande fidgeting on her chair as she drowned in the awkwardness she created. "I'm here to ask you some questions and the longer you take, the more you will have to wait until you can go to eat."

At the mention of food, I became much more receptive to whatever the scientist would be rambling about, so much that I took my legs off the second chair.

As she sat down, she took her pen and notepad from her bag. I suddenly began to feel a little bit uneasy due to her closeness. She must have been oblivious to personal space. Lately, I hadn't been the most trusting person in this facility and with reason.

"Are you ok?" she questioned me.

"Yeah, let's just finish with all of these questions... I'm just really hungry." I half-lied.

"Good. Yesterday, during your trial, have you felt anything different?" she asked.

"Not really." I just shrugged not looking directly into her eyes.

It was an obvious lie, there was something different. Like an ominous presence whispering in my head.

"Are you sure about that?" she questioned looking at me suspiciously.

"Yeah..." I answered with uncertainty in my voice.

It was hard to tell if I didn't want to share my opinion because I didn't want to collaborate or if it was because I couldn't accept the new life I was thrown into.

As the questionnaire went by, it was hard not to ignore this lingering need. I was thirsty and drinking the entire volume of Great Lakes felt like it would not satisfy it.

"What methods did you resorted to locate the target?"

'When would it end?'

"Have you felt there was another living being in the jungle dome?"

'I needed to drink.'

"Had it occurred that you felt an uncomfortable pain during the trial?"

'Where could I get water?'

"Did you have primal thoughts or anything likely?"

'This would never end.'

"Have you experienced some sudden bursts of energy?"

'What was this thumping sound?'

"Did you ever lose consciousness during the duration of the test?"

'It might be her steady heart beating.'

"Would you qualify yourself as more aggressive?"

'It was, I could almost see the blood expanding the flesh around her carotid as it travelled through it.'

"H...ave you experienced d...different moods since the transformation?"

'Blood.'

"D...do you remember an...anything about the past ev...events?"

'She was a nervous wreck.'

"Sorry, I can't recall anything near the end of the trial." I answered carefully while examining her body language. I licked my lips in hope of fooling that thirsty feeling.

The brunette was obviously tense. Something in her demeanour changed over the course of the interrogation but my concentration flew out the window as soon as thirst came in. It would have been a miracle to remember what action I made that could have possibly upset the small woman.