Part 4: The Start of the Search

(Mikasa P.O.V.)

I drove to the gas station on 'I 99" and we looked everywhere for another note. I pulled out the previous note, and I realized it wasn't a note we were supposed to be looking for.... it was clues. I ran to the cashier,

"WHOS BEEN HERE IN THE PAST 15 HOURS?!"

"Woah! Ma'am I'm sorry but I'm not supposed to give you that informa-"

"ANSWER ME! I NEED TO KNOW!"

"Okay clam down ma'am. Don't make me call security. Now I'm not aloud to give you names but I can tell you that in the past 15 hours we have had 6 people come in."

"6?"

"Yes 6, you see we are kinda in the middle of no where. Now like I said I'm not aloud to give you the names, but we have 15 gas filling machines and after someone leaves it says how much they paid, how many gallons they got, and their credit card number. You could use that to help you."

I ran out the door and took a pen and paper out of Eren's truck. I jotted down every single credit card number there was.

"Eren get in the truck.... now."

I took off (again) running stop signs and stop lights and to be honest I was wondering how I hadn't gotten a ticket. Eren was upset I could tell, but I knew it wasn't because of Armin. He looked hurt or betrayed. I tried to clam down a little bit before asking him,

"Hey, what's wrong Eren? You seem broke."

"Maybe cause of Armin captain obvious." I could tell he was pissed.

"What's with the attitude. What ever; I meant you seem like betrayed but not because of Armin. You would be acting anxious like me if you were in this state with Armin, that's how I know it's not about Armin."

"Wow, Mikasa. Pretty smart for a girl." He kinda chuckled at the end of it.

(Eren P.O.V)

Why was she asking these questions all of sudden? Did she know what I was thinking? How?

"Eren!"

I snapped out of my thoughts.
She had pulled over to the side of the road. She grabbed my collar on my shirt and pulled me close to her face,

"Eren, I don't know why you upset but we need to worry about Armin!" Her breath smelt good. I started to blush, and not out of embarrassment.

"What the hell? Eren? Why are you blushing?"

Now I was embarrassed. I pulled away and hid my face,

"Let's head to the house don't we have some work to do?"

With that she hit the gas and instead of breaking the law she drove calmly staring at me every once in a while.

We got to my house and went up to my room and laptop. Mikasa did some high tech computer stuff on my computer for about two hours while I was behind her shoulder watching.

"Pack up!" She said.

"What?"

"Get packed up and in the truck I'll explain later."

"Why am I getting packed up?"

"We're going on a little adventure." Her voice was tight as she started out the door (I suppose she was going to her house to pack up her self).

Adventure. An adventure huh?