Secrets 2

I didn't tear my eyes away from the door but a million thoughts raced through my mind.

How could he? After everything I've done for him and his child...

Bryson didn't speak but instead stood still waiting for a reaction. Slowly I walked towards the door before opening it. Mariah stood before me in sweats with a look of distaste written across her face at the sight of me. "You gonna let me in or just stand there?" Her eyes darted behind me to where Bryson was and she cocked her head to the side before speaking to him. "What the fuck is up? You gonna give me my kid or what?"

"I don't see why you have an attitude now when you were all smiles a minute ago sending him pictures of your pussy."

Mariah's face changed into a shocked expression before settling into a small smile. "He's mine," she started. "Always has been, always will be." I struggled to keep my fists at my sides and my voice leveled. "How about we talk outside." It came out more as a command than a statement as I began stepping forward forcing her to back up into the hallway.

"Y/n," Bryson started before being quickly shut down.

"Shut the fuck up." I gritted without removing my gaze from his ex's smirking face.

"I don't know what your problem is with fucking niggas who are in relationships but I promise you Mariah, I can really be the one to put your ass politely in your place."

"We were a family, bitch you ruined my family." Rolling my eyes I couldn't help but laugh. "I ruined your family? Bitch Bryson wasn't even sure if Harley was his!" My voice rose and I felt myself getting angrier by the second if that was even possible. "It wasn't your fucking business!" She yelled. "We would've been fine if you hadn't stepped in. We would've gotten back together and we would've been a family!"

"Oh and what you would've stopped cheating too? Bitch your pussy got more names on it than a public bathroom. Bryson made it my business when he decided to be with me! Not you, me!"

"You stole my family from me." She stated simply, now crying. "It's not stealing when it wasn't even yours." Her mouth dropped open before she lunged forward and was abruptly knocked back into the wall before she could touch me. "You would wanna calm the fuck down before I really beat the fuck out you in front these peoples door." Her face was tear stained and red and as much as I wanted to hurt her I backed away and gave myself room to breathe.

Suddenly the door I was leaning against opened and I heard Harley's little voice.

"Mommy?" She asked timidly.

"Mommy's busy. Go back inside." She hesitated for a second before obeying my order and closing the door.

"What makes you think he won't do it again? Even if it isn't with me."

"Don't mind other people's business. That's the reason you're in the position you're in now." By now I was calm and she was the least of my worries.

"He ain't faithful, don't think you can change him."

"Is that why you think the two of you are so meant to be? Two hoes? And you know what, as much as you like to believe y'all are gonna be together, he's mine. And that won't be changing any time soon."

She frowned and opened her mouth ready to release a rebuttal but I beat her to it.

"Go get Harley and get the fuck out. Don't speak to him, don't look at him. Just because I didn't do it today doesn't mean I won't beat your ass."

Staring blankly at the wall I waited until she reappeared with Harley in tow.

"Bye bye." She spoke softly waving her small hand at me. "Bye bye, baby." Once they disappeared down the hall the smile id had for Harley quickly faded and I walked back inside of our apartment.

Bryson sat on the couch with his head in his hands. Once the click of the front door was heard he sprang up.

"It won't happen again I swear Y/n, I sw-"

"Save all of that, I don't wanna hear it." Walking past him and into our bedroom I suddenly felt exhausted and lonely. My anger had left as soon as it came and now I was left with sadness. Without much interest I began to pull clothes off of their hangers and toss them carelessly into a duffel bag.

His footsteps could be heard before stopping behind me.

"You know, I love you. I really, really, love you. And I thought," my voice broke as tears finally began to fall. "I thought you loved me...I thought we'd be together forever, no interruptions."

"Y/n you know I love you. Baby just stop, you don't have to go. We can work this out." He reached out and stroked my arms softly before I shrugged away from his touch.

"You just don't understand Bryson, I'm worth more than staying with someone who doesn't love me. Don't say you do because you don't. And this isn't the first time, she isn't the first one and I've tried, I've tried, I've tried, to push past it but I can't. I can't let you keep doing this to me."

My words finished with sobs that Bryson rushed to stop. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered soft things in my ear before picking me up and walking over to our bed. He gently laid me down before climbing on top of me and kissing away my tears.

"Shh, baby I'll make it better, I promise."