The Little Things

Having become tired of lying in bed attempting to will myself back to sleep I dragged myself down the stairs to the kitchen. Bryson was asleep but that didn't stop me from rummaging through the pantry and banging pots and pans. By the time I'd poured the first of the pancakes he had come downstairs. He smacked my butt roughly before pressing soft kisses against the crook of my neck.

"Ow," I mumbled while allowing him to press my back against his hard chest as he pulled me into a tight hug. "All this noise you were making had me thinking somebody was down here fighting." He chuckled lowly at himself and dodged my soft punch at his arm in response. "See, this is why you aren't getting any of my five star cooking." Smirking I flipped a pancake before pouring more batter.

"Really, pancakes is 'five star cooking' now?"

I did a little dance as I arranged my breakfast on the plate and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. "Yes they are," I sang in a high pitch. "I guess so when you can barely cook." He glanced at me and caught my glare before bursting out in a fit of laughter.

Although he found it hilarious I couldn't figure out what exactly was funny. I'd never learned to cook because there were more important things to be taught than how to be the perfect housewife and mother. Yet, nobody in his family agreed. The older women all thought I was fast and hadn't been raised correctly.

Taking offense I jerked my plate out of his hands causing him to drop the pancake he'd stolen. "That's not funny Bryce." My clear annoyance seemed to make the situation funnier because he laughed so hard small tears could be seen under his eyes. Huffing I put down my breakfast and went to go back upstairs. He's so annoying.

"Don't you have work today? When can you get the hell out?"

"Oh baby," he cooed, coming closer to where I stood. I was clearly aggravated over the small topic and when he reached to grab my hands I pushed him away and folded my arms. Sighing he answered that he'd go get dressed now.

Once he'd finally left I had time to eat my now cold breakfast and lounge on the couch. I knew that was he had said was small, but it seemed to be one of the things that irritated me the most. And the fact that we were constantly around family didn't make it any better. They all just so happened to lose focus of the fact that I had graduated 3rd in my class, and had maintained good grades all my life, even as a junior in law school. But instead zeroed in on the fact that I couldn't cook, put my career before anything else, didn't want kids, and although I loved Bryson, felt like marriage wasn't a part of my future.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning and at around 6:00 my phone dinged with a message.

Brycey: Baby girl you still acting aggy?

Y/n: You still being a bitch

Brycey: 😂😂so I'm the bitch now? Oh okay

Y/n: You are whatever the fuck I say you are. And even tho it seems like you ain't got nothing better to do get off my line

Brycey: okay I quit

Y/n: Read at 6:22 p.m.

Brycey: 😑you funny

Brycey: You really about to just read my shit and not answer me

Brycey: alright baby I'm sorry

Y/n: For?

Brycey: oh so now you can respond

Y/n: Lil boy don't push it

Brycey: yes ma'am

Brycey: but I'm sorry for disrespecting your cooking

Brycey: you know you top chef

Brycey: only the best for daddy😏

Y/n: go away😭 I don't even like you.

Brycey: but that pussy do

Y/n: get out.

Brycey: 😂😂daddy loves his baby

Brycey: don't reply I don't care 🙂

Brycey: alright I'm gone. I love you mama

Y/n: I love you more