Thunderstorm and Darkness

BANG!

BOOM!

Another flash of lighting made some dark blue light appear.

You were currently sleeping in Hiyori's room beside her on her bed. You didn't think much of it, but you were trembling with fear.

"BOOM!"

You were in the verge of tears, "Hiyori! Hiyori!" You whimpered softly shaking the brunette's shoulder. She didn't respond. You started shaking,

'Maybe I can find Yato..." You slowly crawled off the bed. Your bare feet touching the cool carpet. As you creaked the door open, a gasp made you look up. You were now face to face with Yukine. The tip of his nose touching yours, you looked into his eyes. They seemed scared. He looked at you, you had dry tears on you cheeks and you were still shaking, you (e/c) eyes watery.

"(Y/n)./Yukine." You both spoke at the same time... You both froze then he spoke first, "A-are you okay?" He felt stupid, of course you weren't okay! But that's what he said.

You gently placed a hand on his chest, he got the gesture and stepped backwards. You gently closed the door to Hiyori's room and looked up at him. "W-where's Yato?" Your voice was shaky. You needed your guardian, the one who supposedly had to take care of you. Yukine frowned, "H-he's not here, w-what's wrong?"

You whimpered a little bit then,

"BANG!" Another thunderclap sounded. You instinctively go to were you felt safe. You go to Yukine, you wrap your arms around his torso hiding your whimpering face onto his chest.

He then realizes... "I-it's okay... Come..." He tries to move but your embrace kept him still. You were too scared to move.

He sighed and forgot why he was scared. He forgot about the idea that it was dark. He simply pulled your legs up, you gasped as he held your legs do you wouldn't fall, your head was now higher, you couldn't hide your whimpers onto his chest. You leaned down hiding your face onto his shoulder and your arms let go of his torso and wrapped around his shoulders.

He carried you to Hiyori's brother's room where he slept with the nightlight on. But once you entered, it was dark, no nightlight. He started to shake a little but still had enough courage to keep you calm. Setting you on the bed he sat beside you, his face was pink, you were shaking again. The sound of harsh raindrops echoed in your ears,

"BOOM!" Another thunderclap.

You gasped, and hid under the blankets.

Yukine stared at the lump on the bed shaking. He was trying to calm down, it was dark and stormy, both of your fears happening at the same time. He quickly slipped into the blanket pulling you into a hug.

'I can't believe I'm doing this...' He thought with a blush. Your head popped out from hiding under the blanket then you look at him, you were about to say something until,

"BOOM!" Again... It made you jump, you hugged Yukine whimpering with tears. He looked down at you worriedly, "(Y/n)... Shh shh... Everything will be alright by tomorrow morning..." He held your waist. He shifted so that he was laying on his back with you laying on him cuddling closer. You were blushing a bit, but the horrible harsh weather made you not care at all.

Yukine was blushing pink, as your head rested on his chest, you could hear his rapid heartbeat.

"Yukine..." You softly spoke looking up. He looked down at at you, "Thank you..." You crawled closer to him then pecked his cheek. His face grew hot feeling the soft touch of your lips on his warm cheek, "(Y-y/n)..." He nervously stuttered, his heart still beating rapidly. Your hand reached up to his cheek, "I'm sorry for bothering you..." You shyly spoke burying you face onto his neck, your hand left his cheek and reached for his free hand, "I-it's okay..." He held you closer with the one arm on your waist, "I'm scared too..." He hid his face on your (h/c) hair, intertwining his fingers with your hand.

After a few minutes, the rain turned into soft drizzling and the thunderstorm stopped. The power was back on turning on Yukine's nightlight again. You and Yukine were snuggled close to each other basically attached. His arms wrapped protectively around you, your head resting on the crook of his neck, both of your sleeping faces centimeters apart. Your hand holding his free hand...

This adorable view made a certain half-phantom smile as she came to her brother's room to check on Yukine and looking for you. Then she walked into the room from the entrance, and cupped her own cheek. "How cute..." She whispered.