Chapter Twelve : Insulting

Start from the beginning

The people in my wedding were lining up in he hallway. My aunt Jayla on my fadda's side gave me a wink as she linked arms with her husband and my cousin Lina stood with Johan along with Yoli and Khan, Sincere and another one of my cousins Andrea and Ciara and Harlem who I didn't want in my wedding but settled for.

When the music started I took a deep breath growing emotional already. I wondered if Kaine was going to cry because if he cried then I'd start balling and ruin my makeup and I knew Yoli might take off her heels and tackle me on the ground.

Butterflies fomed in my stomach as I held the bouquet of flowers and took another deep breath as the pairs walked out. Yoli gave me a thumbs up before she and Khan turned the corner and I closed my eyes hearing the piano.

"Cmon I got you and if you cry I'm tripping you" O teased as I linked arms with him. I looked up at him and he gave me his signature smirk.

"Thank you again, for everything" I said quickly and he winked before looking straight ahead as we preceded to walk at a slower pace.

My long dress trailed behind us and as we entered the room everyone turned and looked at us. The decorations turned out even more beautiful than I could've imagined and I couldn't help the fact that my face turned a little red.

I squeezed my uncles arm a little tighter as I tried to avoid looking at my closest family and friends. When my eyes finally landed on Kaine he wasn't even looking at me, Angelo who was his best man was smiling and nudging him with his elbow.

Kaine smiled showing his deep dimples as he finally looked up at me and his eyes stayed glued to me as I approached. He bit down on his lower lip and looked down briefly before he eyed me again.

Before I got to where Kaine was standing I noticed my father had slipped into a seat near my mother. He was wearing sun glasses and a few people looked at him as if wondering why he wasn't the one walking me down the aisle.

He tried to give me a smile and I quickly looked away from him. I had to place my hand over my chest and glance back at my mother who gave a comforting smile.

"We are gathered together on this beautiful afternoon to share with Ajani and Kaine as they exchange vows of their everlasting love. Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" The preacher questioned.

"Her parents and family do" O said placing my hand in Kaine's before he took a seat in the front next to my grandfathers and my grandmother.

"As Ajani and Kaine take their vows today, we are privileged to witness the joyous love of a new family -- a family that will be nourished and nurtured through the devotion of two separate individuals growing together through the common bonds of love. May their marriage bring them the peace, joy, comfort and contentment that is known in the hearts of all God's children. And may Kaine and Ajani both look forward to each new season of their marriage --- just as the world looks forward to each new season of the year. For all seasons bring with them their own special moments and memories" He said and Kaine and I snuck a look at each other shyly.

"An essential requirement of a good marriage is a strong bond of real friendship and trust. Ajani and Kaine, your love for each other will grow deeper with every passing day, but it's important to remember that your love stands on a foundation of genuine, mutual affection and respect for each other. To truly LOVE another person is to be willing to accept both their strong points, and their weak points, with equal measures of understanding and respect. The vows you are about to exchange, will serve as a verbal representation of the non-verbal emotions that are as real as any thing that can be seen, heard or touched. For it is not the words that you will speak today that will bond you together as one --- but the strength of the love and commitment found deep within your souls" he continued.