Chapter Twelve : Insulting

Start from the beginning

"Fadda is passed out drunk in the room. He spent all night and morning drinking, but you could cut him some slack he's sad you're getting married we all are" Johan said looking away.

"He's a grown man and drinks to cope with his problems and if he doesn't see that that's a problem then I don't know what else I can say. Today was my day, the day I've been planning for months and my father can't even walk me down the aisle because he's selfish and only thinking about his feelings. He could've even gotten drunk at the reception and I wouldn't care, but you know what bwoy? Tell him not to even bother because I want uncle O to walk me now anyway" I said calmly while I looked at my dress in the mirror.

"Kaine's here!" Angelo shouted as he ran passed and I sighed in relief. Johan gave me a look as if he knew I was holding in my tears before he walked away to go take his seat in the church.

"Ajani quickly sit down let me touch up your make up! I swear you're ruining our dream wedding" Yoli said before she caught on to my stare. She sat down the clipboard she was holding and helped me fix my makeup.

"What about the flowers?" I questioned sadly and Yoli smiled to herself as my grandfather entered holding two different types of flowers.

"I didn't know what kind you wanted so instead I bought thousands of each" he said and my eyes widened. Yoli scolded me as she finished applying my makeup and I rolled my eyes and sat still.

She'd been hinting at Khan how she wanted a wedding like this one day and he laughed at her every time she brought it up. They hadn't been dating that long and I honestly thought their relationship was just a simple hook up.

Yoli crushed on Angelo for the longest and they dated briefly until she realized it wouldn't work and he didn't really wanna be with her so they broke up after four months of dating, though she admitted he was good in bed.

Then a few months later she fell for my uncle who was only a few years older than us. I was creeped out but it was her life so if she wanted to date the bwoy then she could do that, seeing Khan get married would be interesting.

I looked at my wrist once Yoli finished my wedding and my eyes widened once I realized my bracelet was missing.

"I know I'm not suppose to see you so can someone please give this to my future wife?" Kaine's voice said as he placed his arm into the room and dangled my charm bracelet.

"Why did you have my bracelet?" I questioned once O took it from him. He clasped it on my wrist and I stared at Kaine's hand before he moved it back.

"I noticed the clasp was about to break so I had to search around for somebody to fix it and even then I didn't trust anybody so I had to watch them fix it. I'm sorry for being late and I can't wait to marry you" Kaine said and I smiled.

"Aw that's so cute now go get in position before I push you down! You'll see her in five minutes!" Yoli shouted turning into the maid of honor from hell.

My grandfather took the flowers he was holding out and he and Kaine walked away. While I stood up from my spot. My make up looked really nice and I had Yoli and the makeup artist to thank for that and my mother had done my hair in an up do.

"You ready for this? Marriage is important and its sacred, he's the one you wanna spend your life with?" O questioned and I smiled shyly and nodded. Kaine was someone special and he impacted my life and was there for me through a really tough time in my life and after that, I wanted to be his wife.