Hazel's Reservations

Disclaimer: Rick Riordan owns everything! For now... Just kidding. He owns everything. For ever. Maybe.

************************************

Hazel:

Ugh! Nobody is getting back to me about reservations! Okay, actually, it's only Jason who isn't getting back to me. He is like hiding from everyone. If he doesn't want to go to dinner because he's moping around, then he could at least tell me!

I mean, I want this dinner to be perfect. It is one of the few times that some of us demigods can sit and have a nice dinner together outside of camp WITHOUT monsters attacking us. And I want to plan it. So why shouldn't I?

Plus, even though he doesn't realize that I know it, today is Leo's birthday! He probably forgot it himself. I mean, last year I forgot my birthday until it was cake time. My friends threw me a party that I thought was for Annabeth. I even brought her a present!

Anyway, I wanted to get in touch with everyone- Jason included- so that they could bring a little present for him.

Oh my gosh! When I was calling everyone, I forgot to tell them! And Leo just told me that Jason is coming, but it's not like he would tell Jason to bring him a gift. Okay, I'm calling Jason right now, and he better pick up.

I walk over to my phone, so glad that Leo finally taught me how to use it, and punch in Jason's number. I'm about to hit call when the phone rings. I answer it, figuring that its Jason calling to tell me what Leo already did. That would be convenient.

"Hi, Jason," I start.

"Um," a voice says, "last time I checked, I was Nico."

I look at the caller ID. This is really messed up, I thought. The guy who I thought was Jason was actually Nico, and he was using Frank's phone.

"Nico," I ask, "why are you using Frank's phone?"

"Ah, you noticed. Well, I stopped by to visit Frank, and, uh, he isn't feeling too good."

"How can that be, when he was fine earlier this morning?"

"Well, uh, it could be food poisoning," he offers. "And I don't think he can come to dinner tonight."

"Oh," I manage. "Well, tell him I hope he feels better, and he still needs to get a gift for Leo. By the way, it's Leo's birthday. Can you get him a present, Nico?"

"Uh, sure," he says.

"Are you coming to dinner?" I ask.

Nico replies, "Yeah, that's what I wanted to ask you about. I'm coming, but I was wondering if I could bring this girl with me..."

"Of course! Nico, it's so great that you're getting out there! Is she a demigod?" I'm so excited for Nico.

"Uh, yeah, I don't know. I got to go, okay? See you later."

"Wait! Don't forget Leo's present!"

He hangs up.

Yay! Nico has a potential girlfriend! I'm SO happy for him.

I make the rest of the calls to remind everyone to bring a gift. Jason thankfully picks up. Now, I have to wrap my present for Leo.

My present for Leo?!? I didn't get a present for Leo! Emergency shopping spree! Oh, I wish I knew what to get!

************************************

Um, what do I usually put down here? Oh! Yeah! Ok, I hoped you liked this chapter. It is dedicated to Jasperchickenlover and wisegirl23, the most obsessed fan girls ever!