Chapter 15

Naomi
~~~~~~~

I stood there staring at Jake with wide eyes. As I stared at him I realized I was becoming angrier by the minute. My breathing became heavy. How could they not tell me something like this? Especially when my brother was in the hospital.
" HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME THIS SOONER," I yelled into Jakes.
" I couldn't ," he said calmly.
" AND WHY COULDN'T YOU HUH?"
" CAUSE THEN IT WOULD PUT YOU IN DANGER DAMMIT," I yelled, " HE WANTED YOU PROTECTED."
I looked at Jake. He looked irritated but I didn't care. I needed to get out of here and away from everybody. I turned around and walked out of the club.
" NAOMI," Jake yelled. I didn't bother to look back. I just kept on walking. I took out my phone saw a text messages started rolling in from everyone. I decided to turn off my phone. I put it back into my pocket and turned onto a busy street. I hate taking streets that aren't busy at night. My house wasn't to far from here. Which makes me happy. I was about to turn a corner was pulled into an ally. I tried to scream but my mouth was covered by a hand. I bit my attackers hand.
" Ow, Naomi what the hell," my attacker said. I knew that voice. It only made me more mad. I turned around to see Caleb standing there holding his hand.
" Why didn't you tell me," I said through gritted teeth.He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.
" Naomi , I didn't tell you cause I trying to protect you," he said.
" I don't care if you were trying to protect me. You should have told me," I said trying to stay calm.
" I did what I thought was best for you not for me. Now come on and get into the car. We are going home," he said.
" No. I'm not going home with you," I said.
" You act like you have a choice," he says. Next thing I know is Caleb has me over his shoulder. I huffed in annoyance. He opened the door and sat me down. He shut the door and went to the drivers seat. I just sat there cause I know he put the child locks on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The ride home was silent. I didn't even bother to talk to Caleb. I was beyond pissed that he never told me about him knowing the boys. We were all in the same damn room and they acted as if they never met. We pulled up into the driveway and saw the lights off. I got out of the car and got the key out from underneath the welcome mat. I unlocked the door and went up to my room. I got out of my dress and heels so I could hop into the shower. The water felt nice running down my body. I could stay in the shower all night but sadly I can't. I sighed and got out. I went into my room to change. I grabbed an oversized white t shirt and some pajama shorts. I looked at the clock and it read 2:00 am. Getting up for school is going to be a disaster. I hurried up and got under the warm comforter on my bed. I was just dozing off when my phone vibrated under my pillow. I looked to see who was texting me.

Kale:

Naomi, I'm really sorry. Please answer.

I swiped the message away and turned my phone off. I'm not dealing with him anytime soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up to my alarm clock blaring loud music. I turned it off and got up to get ready for school. I went over to my closet to get my blue ripped skinny jeans and a plain white t shirt. I grabbed my grey forever 21 jacket to pair with it. I went over to my mirror and did a simple natural makeup look. I texted Nina and told her to come pick me up. While I waited on Nina I went downstairs for breakfast. I walked in the kitchen and saw the boys and my brother all talking by the island. I went over to the fridge and got some yogurt before leaving the kitchen. I didn't even look at any of them. I just couldn't do it. I went back upstairs to grab my bag along with my phone and charger. I noticed I had a text from Nina.

Nina:

I can't pick you up, my car broke down. Sorry :(

Me:

Okay I'll just walk to school. Are you still going?

Nina:

Uhhhh no. Have you even looked outside. It's pouring rain. My mom won't let me walk in that shit.

Me:

Well shit I'll just have Caleb give me a ride. I'll talk to you later :)

I put my phone down and went to talk to Caleb. Him and the boys were still talking in the kitchen. I walked in and they all looked at me. I sighed.
" Hey Caleb. Can you give me a ride to school Nina's car broke down," I said.
" Can't one of the guys give you a ride," he whined.
" No, they can't ," I said with gritted teeth.
" I'll give her a ride Caleb," Kale said from behind me.
" No you will not. I'll just stay home," I said.
" Oh no you don't. Mom and dad left me in charge since I'm back and they aren't here. So go with Kale and get over whatever the fuck happened between you two," he said.
" Fuck you Caleb," I said walking upstairs.
" I got her," said Kale. That's when I sprinted up to my room and locked my door. The boys were pounding on my door hoping I would open it. I just went over to my bed and laid back down.
" Naomi open the door," Caleb said.
" No," I said.
"Naomi don't make me do it," he said. I was worried instantly.
" You wouldn't dare," I said.
" Oh I would," he said.
" Fine ," I said. I got up and when I opened the door I bolted brought them and went and got the baby pictures. They started running down the stairs so I hid to the side of the states by the coat rack. As soon as they all passed me I ran upstairs and locked my door. I sat on my bed in victory knowing they had no leverage against me anymore.