-Chapter 18-

(Media: it is Cathrine, I used the amazing actress; Kate Mara for my Character :) .)

My lips pursed, as I stared into the bathroom mirror, dominant left hand holding up the scissors that glinted under the dull lighting of the bathroom that connected to the room that was given to me on the base. My right hand held my faded, over grown, hair in a tight grip, cast only slightly dirty.

I breathed in deeply, before taking the big step and chopping a chunk of dead and faded greenish-blondish hair off. The hair slowly slipped out of my hand and fell to the floor like a feather would. Blowing some hair out of my face, I grabbed another lot of hair and repeated the action again and again, until my hair was now up to my shoulders, instead of down to my waist.

I shook my head madly, making some loose pieces of hair fall to the now dead hair covered ground. I licked my lips, staring at the reflection in the mirror. My brown eyes examining my appearance. I looked fresher, more mature, older, wiser.

I sighed out loud. Closing my eyes slowly, before re-opening them to grab the blonde dye on the cabinet, as I knew my hair was faded enough for it to go blonde. I proceeded with my new look and a new me.

I breathed in deeply again.

I got this...

***

I walked down the hall earning some looks from passing solders, most likely because they were trying to recognise whom this random chick was, walking down the corridor.

I spotted William walking towards me, munching on an apple, as he looked at a clipboard. Obviously it was paper work, as his eyebrows were furrowed forward in concentration. I coughed to myself and walked up to him.

"Hey William.", I greeted, glad to see a familiar face, and to know he was okay since the Beijing mission.

Williams' head shot up at his name, and he looked at me unsure, "Cathrine?.."

"Yeah.", I confirmed, scratching the back of my head, smiling shyly, "How do I look?"

"Different.", William blurted out, before hurriedly adding, "As in a good different of course!."

I grinned brightly at the male in front of me. "Thanks...I got Tyler and Noah to grab me some hair stuff when they went out to get more food..."

Williams eyes showed confusion, before realising who I was talking about, "ah. Noah Lewie and Tyler Sparrow, our two main mechanics for the Autobots.", William confirmed, before speaking up again, as we walked together down the corridor.

"They are pretty much the only two mechanics that can put up with the Twins behaviour.", William grunted out, shaking his head, "The rest kinda avoid them, since...they do prank a lot and Sunstreaker isn't...the nicest towards our kind."

I nodded, taking in that information. I bit my lip, knowing Luke loved to prank himself. That may have explained why they got along so well...it was like being triplets instead of twins in a way...

"Where's Optimus?.", I asked automatically, wanting to know if my guardian was alright or not, whilst I looked at the Captain.

"Actually, Prime has been looking for you since we had been deported back to this base.", William claimed, looking up at me, as we took a swift turn, heading towards the rec-room obviously.

"Oh.", I said dumbly, William took this opportunity to speak up again, he was one of those people that could keep the conversation going that was for sure, "Yeah, he's been searching everywhere for you, heck even asked Ratchet to help him to find you."

I snorted at that.

"No seriously.", William said with a small laugh, before holding the rec-room door open for me, I thanked him for his gentlemen traits, and walked through, "You better find him. Or inform an Autobot of your location. I think the prime is stressing that you got lost again."

I huffed, "Whatever. I did not get lost.", I grunted out in denial, eyes glaring at the now amused Captain, although his facial expressions didn't show it, his eyes sure did.

"Sure you didn't...Please tell me how you met Tyler and Noah?."

I blinked.

Damn Captain...too smart for his own good. I swear.

"I don't wanna talk about it.", I pouted and crossed my arms like a child would, huffing loudly.

William chuckled, as he pointed to the blue and red flamed bot across the room, whom was talking to the General, Morshower. I sighed out loud and headed to the leader of the Autobots, noticing that they had finished their small chat.

"Optimus!", I called out, waving to my Guardian whom looked down at me, before kneeling, his robotic face going really close to mine in examination. I leant my head back slightly, blinking twice, mind you at the same time Optimus blinked his optics.

Well this is an awkward reunion.

I smiled reluctantly, obviously showing my discomfort at his staring. Optimus finally hummed, optics adjusting, before he held out a digit and patted my head. I blinked once again, but allowed the Autobot to do his 'examination' of my new look.

"You changed your...hair.", Optimus noted out the obvious, making me giggle.

"Yes Optimus, Do you like it?, because I think it looks pretty.", I said to him automatically, deep down I hoped he really did like it.

"Yes, It suits you rather well. Although I did think you were already pretty beforehand.", Optimus told me, tilting his helm at me.

That caused me to smile widely like an idiot. Wiggling my foot on the ground like crazy, as I looked at the floor shyly. "Really?..."

"Of course Cathie.", Optimus used the nickname I had given him permission to use.
A light blush found it's way to my cheeks, but I hid it rather well by leaning my face on my hand, while I looked at Optimus again.

"Thanks Optimus.",I said cheerfully, my mood a lot better than before.

"No problem, but next time please inform someone where you are, so I do not go on a hunt for my Charge again?.", Optimus suggested, raising an optic ridge at me.

I grinned at him, "Yeah, sorry about that...I ran into one of your many mechanics, Tyler. He is really cool.", I explained to Optimus, who stared at me deep in thought.

"Ah, I see.", Optimus finally spoke up after some silent minutes.

"Yeah-"

"Cathrine!", an Australian accent was heard, and I instantly looked to my left to see the black haired Australian waving at me to come over, I gave him a bright smile.

It was time.

I looked back at Optimus with a happy expression. "I guess we will talk later?. I better see what Tyler wants.", I said unsure, while nudging my thumb towards the Mechanic whom was still yelling out my name impatiently.

"Cathrine!, C'monnnnnnn~", Tyler groaned out, dragging out the end of his sentence impatiently, his shoulders dropping dramatically, as he kicked Sideswipe in the pede cheekily, earning a 'Don't scratch my paint fragger!.' in return followed by Sunstreaker growling at him.

"Of course.", Optimus agreed, "Go ahead, I shall be here."

"Cathie hurry up!.", Tyler demanded with a large smile, obviously failing to hide his excitement anymore.

"Dude!, I'm coming!, god your impatient!", I snapped back, giving him a playful glare, while running to him.

She missed the spark of jealously in the Primes optics, that flared a brighter shade of blue towards the black haired mechanic that used his nickname for his charge.