Sexual abuse

Let me tell you a story, yeah?

This story is about a 17 year old middle class girl. She lives in the same city as mine. I am not going to mention any places and names. I am summarising the main story from what I read in newspaper.

She comes from quite poor background and goes school on scholarship. Her father is a mechanic and mother runs a small boutique. Her family can't afford car or school bus fee, so she used public transportation for her journey. It was a local bus which had total 7 stops before her school.

She was used to the system, so she never complained about it.

One day, 2 guys boarded the same bus as her. They were the type of guys you usually see lurking around dark alleys, outside the shops cat calling on girls, the ones who play cards sitting in gas station.

Their eyes looked lustfully at every women/girl sitting in that bus. They used to comment on every one of them, no matter the age. It used to disgust her so much, but she kept her mouth shut. Because everyone else in the bus did the same. No matter if they were partners of the ladies. Some stopped taking that bus because of those two man. But she was helpless. She had no other option.

They used to pick up on her the most, because she was the youngest one in the bus. They tripped her intentionally whenever her stop came, so that they could have view of her rising skirt. They pushed themselves closer to her whenever she tried getting past them. They purposely bump on to her whenever the speed breakers came. No one in the bus raised the voice against them, including her.

She was getting frustrated by this day to day molestation. She didn't liked them calling her dirty names. She didn't liked them touching her here and there. But she could not do anything. She faced everything for her parent's sake. She didn't stopped going to school because it would affect her education. She didn't told her parents because she didn't wanted to act as a burden on them. She did tried contacting police and putting a restraining order against them, but the cops denied telling her that she is underage with no proof.

One day she reached her breaking point when the guys on her way back home, followed her and tried touching her private parts. She ran away from them successfully, but she was scared beyond the limit.

That day she told her parents everything. Her father scolded her for going to police and her mother slapped her for dressing not properly. She was numb by their accusations. There was nothing wrong about her clothes. Her shirt was full sleeved and skirt beyond knees. Her parent blamed her for everything. They were more relieved to know that the news is not out in their society, rather than her well being.

Her going out from home was banned thereafter. Her education was on a break. Only because of some perverted monsters.

After weeks of depression and tears, she decided to step out. She sneaked out of her window wearing her school uniform.

Those monsters were sitting at their usual position in the bus, hitting on some other girl this time. She ignored them and sat on the spare seat.

They were quick to divert their attention to their old prey. But she didn't allowed this time. This time, she had came with full preparation. Right then and there, she decided she won't let anyone walk over her and her future like their personal doormat, because she had fucking earned it from her own hard work.

She emptied the entire packet of chilli powder that she had stolen from her mother's kitchen on their eyes. She took out her compass from her geometry box and held her school shoe in other. She hurted the guys in every part she could with both her hands. Surprisingly, more women came to her side joining her. There were some men recording the entire drama, but not coming for help.

She pleaded the driver to drive the bus to nearest police station so that she could put those two perverts where they belonged. After numerous pleading from her co passengers too, who were too scared before to raise their voices, the driver turned the bus to police station and those guys are still behind the bars for their numerous rape attempts.

The girl who decided to step up for herself and be her own hero is perfectly successful in her life. She didn't cared about her society's talks or her parent's approval. That day she did what was the best for her, without thinking of consequences.

That's what we need to do. We need to rise our voice against every bad doing with ourselves or with people whom we know. Until the day we do not do that, we will continue to suffer. People or society don't make us what we are or where we will be in future. It is us who have to decide what we have to do.

I remember one day when I had gone on a movie trip with my school, my group of friends had got some shouted dirty calls from unknown boys as we stopped on a gas station.

Next day, we got a 45 minutes lecture on our way of dressing in front of whole class. Our teacher told us to keep our hair in a ponytail. And told us that our attire was wrong. In real we were wearing jeans and sleeved tops. There were girls who had gone in minus sized skirt and tube tops. But the teacher picked up on us only. Because she knew, we would never backtalk.

This is what our society is all about. They choose the person they can easily molest and crush under their heels. Because they are too coward to face the stronger ones. They are the same people who will curse you and blame you for putting yourself in danger willingly or unwillingly, but not save you from actual danger. They will watch the entire drama and then when your game is over, they will offer you their sympathy.

Our parent, our family is also pressurized by this so called living society. They sometimes forget that we are their children not the society's. But it is also true, if something happens to us they will be one shedding the most of the tears , not the society.

So we have to choose what we want to do. Let ourselves be crushed due to maintain our society pressure or actually step up for ourselves and save our real family and own life by voicing out our opinions.

We live in a society where if a girl appears on an ad wearing a lingerie, she is a whore. But if a guy features only in his boxers, he is a macho man.

We live in a society who won't stop their car when they see you tormented in middle of road. But will be a part of candle March if you suicide because of the torment.

So, I say f*ck this opinion of society about you. We are not puppets in their hands. Step up for yourself. If someone is abusing you, hurting you sexually, or sending you bad messages; take a step for yourself. Don't let yourself be oppressed by anyone. Because you deserve the best. You are not the one who should be treated like a dirt.

Talk about it to your parent, friends. Fight your best against wrong. Don't hesitate to expose the culprits, even if they are someone from your family or friend circle; because it's them who should be punished. Not you, you did nothing wrong; don't let anyone crush you.

There is entire life for you ahead to experience. Too many places to see.

Numerous people to meet. Buckle yourself for a long life. Don't let yourself down ever. Be strong; be brave.

Be your own hero and make your own path.

Whenever you feel down, just remind yourself, you were sent on this earth for a reason. You were sent to live your life, not simply exist.

So be happy, be safe, be strong and enjoy the rollercoaster ride of life.

NOTE-I AM SORRY IN ADVANCE IF ANYONE FELT OFENDED BY THIS ARTICLE. THIS IS A SENSITIVE TOPIC WHICH WAS NEEDED TO BE DISCUSSED.

I DIDN'T TRIED TO SUGAR COAT ANYTHING BECAUSE WE ALREADY KNOW THE REALITY AND WE HAVE TO LEARN TO FACE IT AS IT IS.

SHARE YOUR OPINIONS BELOW

:)

Love,

Star