"Fine!" I laughed when I could catch my breath. "Sam you are the best friend in the entire world and I promise that if you give me that phone I will take you out to Ray's Pizza for the best pizza in the entire world and it's on me."

Sam laughed and tossed me the phone, a satisfied smile on her face. "Yes!"

I pulled myself from my reverie and continued on down the dark, deserted road that I'd found myself on a few hours ago. I'd gone to my sister's engagement party and once the noise and the music had gotten to me, I'd told my mom I was going to go on home but of course, I didn't want to do that either. Home reminded me of Nathan and the many nights we'd spent studying there, and thinking of Nathan only reminded me that he was engaged and to none other than Sam. My ex best friend. Someone I'd known for a long time, someone who I thought I could count on and now I didn't know how I was going to get over my feelings for him.

I looked up at the sky as a rain drop landed on my nose and I laughed at the irony of my situation because I'd felt like I wanted to cry and that raindrop only made me want to cry even more, it was almost like the sky was crying for me. But skies don't cry, I reminded myself even though it was a pointless thought in the first place.

The rain picked up slightly and it reminded me of when I was a kid and I would sit in my room, by my window and I would think about my favorite fairy tale, Rapunzel and how her knight and shining armor came clambering up a tower just to save her. I always sighed and told myself that was what I wanted, I wanted a man to fight for me and no matter what challenge he faced, I wanted him to conquer his fears and save me from my tower and then we'd lived happily ever after.

I felt the first tear slide down my cheek as once again Nathan's face popped into my head and then I thought about how he was my mate even though I wasn't a werewolf. My situation was so much similar to Sarah's and I felt my heart breaking even more because Sarah had finally gained her prince charming and here I was wallowing in my self pity because the man that I loved was engaged to someone else and he seemed happy about it. When he'd told me, I thought he was joking and I'd laughed about it because what else could I have done? I wanted to believe that it hadn't been real, but when I realized that it was I laughed again and again and again, until finally my laughs turned into sobs. Nathan had only stared at me, his eyes apologetic and he'd simply said, "I have to go." And just like that, he was gone.

Nathan had seemed so distant as of late and now I knew why, now I knew why he'd been spending so much time with my ex best friend. Wasn't the person that loved you supposed to stand by your side and fight for you, no matter the cost? Weren't they supposed to protect you from the people who hurt you, not fall in love with them?

I laughed, my tears coming harder as I finally came to the realization of this whole scenario. "He loves her, Nathan loves Sam." I could feel my heart once again breaking and I felt myself trembling as the rain began to downright pour. I felt my hair began to stick to the back of my neck and finally, I gave in to the sobs I'd been holding back for the past week.

I crouched down and through my tears, I pulled the heels from my feet. "Fine! Go be with her then, see if I care!" I yelled to no one in particular, letting all of my pent up emotions free. "You were supposed to love me! Me, not Sam but I guess you finally let her reel you in with her lies and her deceit!  But you know what? I don't care!" I cried, standing to my feet. I looked at the heels in my hand and then with every emotion I had towards Nathan, I screamed. At the top of my lungs, in the middle of the street. And you know what? It felt relieving to let free my anger and I knew that I wasn't hurting anyone, I wasn't waking anyone up and I was alone.