Ch.8

Mina's P.O.V
I saw leis face glowing better than usual. She's so pretty but doesn't know it. Before we were friends I would just observe her. I didn't initiate anything because she would let people push her over and I don't like pushovers. I distanced myself from her until one day ole bitch slapped her for entertainment. I was gonna interfere cause that bitch been asking for it. But I stopped myself because Lei chocked the fuck out of her. That bitch was as purple as Barnie the dinosaurs ass. Then her lil clique jumped when they saw this bitch was near death. They fuckin thought! Marisol gave me that look and we were beating these hoes face in. The sad thing was me and Marisol had two girls each. They fucked when Marisol got a hold on 'em. That bitch ufc fights and boxes for fun. As for me, bitch I'm from Houston Texas! We whoop ass 'round these parks. I was giving them a down south dirty ass whooping. Long story short, they tried to press charges on Marisol on some charge about since she boxes her hands are lethal weapons, she didnt get charged. We all got 2 weeks out of school and 5 days of after school "detention". The principal loves me and Marisol, the only thing he had us do was sit in the office with him and his wife and keep them company. They didnt have kids anymore they were grown and 2 lived in New york and the other one in L.A. That week of suspinsion was spent together getting to know Lei. She opened her self to us and we opened to her.
*

At Dinner
"Hey love." My mom hugged lei. "Hey mama, how are you?" She returned the hug. "Im fine now that Bae is back." She said sticking her tongue out at my dad. "I know you ain't forgetting about me." Daddy said. He is in the army and stays gone. I miss him sooo much. We've been in Seattle for 3 years now. I was born and raised in Texas till the age of 10, I hated moving away from my Abuelita. I'm mixed with Jamaican and Puerto Rican. "I wouldn't dare." Lei said in a old southern belle accent. She hugged him tight because he was like a father to her as well. "Well as y'all notice I got a plus one with me. " she said holding Jermaine's hand up. "Yea, we see 'em. Light bright ass! " Xavier, my brother clowned. "Light bright? You past transparent! " Jermaine clowned back. Everybody started laughing. "Looks like you met your match X." Lei said. "Names Xavier, call me what you want, but wassup! " he shook Jermaine's hand. "Nice too meet ya, call me J, Jermaine, Light bright, it doesn't matter. " he laughed.
Lei's P.O.V
"Well, my name is Scarlet Olivia Morris, nice to meet you." Ma said. She shook his hand. She looked like a thicker Kerrie Washington. "Like wise Ms.Morris. " He shook her hand. "Do I look 70 years old?" She said with her hand on her hip. "No ma'am, you look my age. " he laughed. "Well baby you should refer to me as Scarlet or Olivia, your choice." She smiled. He nodded in agreement. "You just gone act like I ain't here scar? " pop said slapping her butt. "Nawl, Jermaine this is Mr. Robert Lopez" she smiled. "Thank you for your service sir." J shook his hand. "Your welcome. " he smiled at him. We all sat down and looked at the menu's in comfortable silence. "Lei, I don't know what to get." He whispered in my ear. "Maybe I should just have you for dinner instead. " he smoothly said in my ear making me blush hard as hell. "Well, I'm going to get red curry with a side of pad Thai. Mr.Nasty. " I told J softly. "That sounds good. Wanna share?" He said putting his hand on my thigh. I was slowly melting. " we know what we want. " I spoke. "We do too." Ma and pop said. X and Mina already knew what they wanted. We told the waiter our information and sat together making small talk.
J's P.O.V
"So J, where are you originally from? You have a different accent." Mr. Robert said. "I'm from Fayettville sir.Born and raised." " I visited Fort Bragg once." "My dad is in the service. That's where he met my mom." I said. "That's nice, I met scarlet at college, she was a party girl from Florida, that came to college in Dallas." He said kissing her on the forehead. "She couldn't stand me, when we first met actually, she was at a party and I was going through some things at the time and I was drinking my pain away. She noticed what I was doing and she tried to talk to me and take the bottle from me, at the time I thought she was trying to hog it. I messed up when I called her a crazy bitch. She whooped and dragged my ass from one end of the party to the other. Little did I know that I needed that. So I tracked her down and I couldn't find her to save my life. By luck, she was in a sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, by the way. She was strolling with her sisters at this party I was at with my brothers. I'm a Que Dog. But long story short I apologized and took her out to dinner to make up. Everything went from there." He said as he kissed her on the lips softly. "Thanks for whooping my ass babe." He laughed. I want a love as strong as that. Later our food came and it looked tasty as hell. " Yes lord! " Olivia said. "Now bow y'all heads and connect hands." We prayed together before we ate. "Amen." We said in unison. "Let's grub! " x said. "Here love, get this. " Lei said as she handed me the utensils. We shared the red curry and that was delicious, but we got full and that girl loves her rice. We sat there drinking water and talking. She had ordered this bubble tea mango flavor and I was curious. "Can I try some LoveLei?" I said giving her a new nickname. "I guess." She side eyed me. I tried it and liked it. Time was winding down and I enjoyed spending time with the Morris's. " y'all got School in the morning and it's getting late." Olivia hugged us. "Phone me when you get Home Lei. " she said. Lei gave Olivia $100. "For our dinner. " she said. "Girl, save it for a rainy day. I got my baby girl covered. " she kissed Lei's cheek. "Alright well We're gone mama. I love y'all." She hugged Robert as well. "Y'all be safe. I enjoyed y'all as well." I said. "Like wise baby boy. Nice to meet you. Treat my baby right or I will chop your legs off and feed them to my dogs." Robert said as he dapped me up. I got scared, that Nigga 6'6 and he don't look like he plays games. "Yes sir! Good bye y'all." I said as I opened Lei's door. "Don't mind pops. " Lei said as she patted my thigh. I started up the car and headed to her place.
*at Home (Lei's POV)
"Did you enjoy dinner? " I asked J as I sat on the sofa and turned on the TV. "It was nice, I enjoyed it." J said as he signaled for me to sit beside him. I grabbed a Fiji water from the fridge and tossed my heels to the side. "Wassup ole' man?" I said as played with his chin hair. "Nun but I gotta question?" He said as he grabbed my legs. "Shoot. " I said drinking my water. "You know you're gonna be mine right? " he smiled. "Sure, just take my heart and be careful with it." I said genuinely. "I'm for real Lei, I wanna show you that not all guys think with their dick's and only wanna whisper sweet nothing's in your ear. I wanna build a future with you. I know it's too early to be talking like this, but your soul is so fucking beautiful. I knew I had to have you." He expressed. He left me speechless. "You don't have to say nothing just yet but I just wanted to let you know." I turned Pandora on and got up to light my favorite incense/eat some mango. It smelled like passion fruit and pineapples. When I got through I sat back on the couch and played in his hair. All of a sudden he deeply kissed me. "You taste sweet." He smiles.