Ch.1

It's 6:30 in the morning as Leilani's alarm clock buzzes on her night stand. Yesterday was the official end of summer and today brought the beginning of her Senior Year at Iola-Graham High School. Following the same morning routine as last years, she drags herself to her bathroom linked to her room she pokes at her pudgy stomach in the mirror.She wasn't the "average" big girl that was light skin with long hair and hazel/green eyes. No she had exotic look to her that fitted her.Lei was 17 and real mature for her age. She was brown skinned and Samoan/Black. She stood at a 5'3 body frame and had light chocolate eyes and mid black length curly/wave textured hair. She was curvy and beautiful but she sometimes fell short to see it. The way she carried herself didn't to show it. She decided to stop wallowing in her self pity and get ready for school. Leilani stepped and the shower and lather herself in Pure Paradise, her favorite bath and body works scent. Stepping out the shower, She rubbed baby lotion on her skin, making her skin soft to the touch. She decided to dress according to the Seattle weather in September. She picked out a pair of light washed jeans, a light knitted Maroon sweater, black Doc Martin's and a cream colored scarf. She walked into her bathroom to gather her hair in a topknot and put in her Pearl earrings and topped her outfit off with Maroon lipstick. Slinging her black Bally bag on her back, she exited her room. She was an only child with a busy mom that travels the globe and a dead beat father that resides somewhere in Texas. She walked her way to the garage and "Hey Ma" by Chance The Rapper rapped out of her Samsung Galaxy 6 that was tucked away in her bag. It was a text notification. she payed it no mind and took off to School in her Black Audi R8.
*at School.
Lei had parked in the student parking lot and rushed her way to the library to sit and read in peace. Lei wasn't anti-social, she just didn't allow people in her life due to her childhood.She had a small circle of family and didnt plan on expanding it. She either ended up hurt or betrayed. She worked over the summer doing senior classes and only had 3 classes to attend to during the week. Walking with her head down, she ran into what it seemed like to be a tall wall, was actually a new student. He was lightskinned with curly hair and chin scruff. He over powered her 5'3 frame with his 6'3 frame. She landed flat on her ass and "way to go, Lei." He extended a hand "I'm sorry, I was rushing and I wasnt paying attention, as you can tell I'm new here. " His voice was rough and raspy but in a sexy kinda way. "It's fine, I should be apologizing I wasn't paying attention." She had laughed at herself. "My name is Jermaine, You are?" He reached his hand out. "Leilani, you're not from around here are you?"