Chapter 4: Finding a Voice

~~~

PREVIOUSLY ON I DON'T KNOW...

~~~

"Oh God Sophie...I'm so sorry!" sobs racked him and his face got pale. He leaned down and placed his arms under his daughter liftingher up into a hug. Her head fell back limply.

"Sir, I think it's best if you go to your family now. I'm sure they are worried sick. You need to tell them," she said taking a step towards the defeated father placing a hand on his shaking shoulder.

"Ok," he whispered placing his daughter back down on the cold hard metal.

They left the room and started making their way down the dim lighted hallway. He stopped and took one last look at where his daughter lay and looked at the words etched in black above the doors. They spelled out morgue.

~~~~~~~~

Brookes pov

~~~~~~~~

As I came to my senses, excited voices swirled around me, what's all the excitement about? And why were they all in my room? OH YA! Well, Char had just received her drivers license... so maybe that's what all the commotion was probably about. But wait... didn't we celebrate yesterday? Maybe Seffy got his license and they were celebrating his accomplisment.

I tried to open my eyes to figure out what was going on but it felt like a thousand bricks were resting on my eyelids. After struggling for a while I gave up on trying to open my eyes and instead focused on trying to move the rest of my body.

Nothing. I couldn't move at all, not even a twitch of my finger or a wiggle of one of my toes. What's going on!? Horrified, I started freaking out but no one noticed. My mind was not somewhere you would want to be at the moment.

Hyperventilating, I started counting to ten in my head and started to calm down. Focusing on the voices I heard my mom and two other familiar voices. I couldn't place my finger on the two unknown voices though.

I determined the 2 unknown voices to be male and one of them soothed me.

I tried to decipher what they were conversing about but it just sounded like a child babbling incoherent words to me. Words were forgein to my ears.

Trying to open my eyes again, I found them feeling lighter.

I opened my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~

LIAMS POV

~~~~~~~~~

Brookes family was talking excitedly amoungst themselves, exstatic that she was finally awake. The girl who might never wake up had woken. It was a miricle.

I knew she was awake because I could see her eyes moving frantically beneath her eyelids. A small grin crept up on my face. I couldnt wait to see those beautiful green eyes again, even if they did hold an hold sadness in them. They were still beautiful... she was beautiful.

She was probably wondering why her eyes wouldn't seem to open for her. The doctors had put heavy sedation into her system because they were afraid after she woke up from fainting she would freak.

I scoffed, I knew her, she probably is freaking out. They did that to me a couple times and though I got used to it, I hated it. It made me feel impowerless and not in control.

Looking away from her I started talking to her mom, sister, and the doc.

"It's really a miracle that she woke up" Dr. Swoeri admitted.

"Who cares!" her mom schrieked. "She's awake and coherent and that's all that matters. And, she has her memory! She never lost it. I hope she doesn't have more mental problems from the accident."