Episode 12

Castle pov...

We finish the case and head out to the Old Haunt. Kate and I go get the drinks and take them to our table.
Elena, Ryan, Jenny, Espo and Lanie are all sitting at the table when we go back. We give everyone their drinks and Espo looks at Kate and says "what no alcohol tonight"
She says "yeah, that's the reason I wanted us all to meet. I'm pregnant"
Jenny says "congratulations Kate"
Espo smiles and says "mom and dad are having a baby"
We all laugh and Ryan says "we're all happy for you guys"
At the same time Kate and I say "thanks"
Lanie says "you really freak me out everytime you do that"
We laugh and talk for a bit more before Kate's phone goes off and I frown. She finishes the call and says "sorry guys but we got a case"

Kate pov...

We head over to the scene where a body had been found in a dumpster behind a professional kitchen. Lanie looks over the scene and says "victim is female, early twenties with three stab wounds in the stomach, time of death within the last few hours"
We check over the scene and it looks like the body was moved as there was no blood pool around the vic. We find a wallet that has her ID in it, her name is Chelsea Sayers aged 24 and she lives locally.
Espo and Ryan canvas the scene, Castle, Elena and I head inside to see if any people know the victim. We head inside and a chef tries to stop us from going further as they are getting ready filming. I ask "do you know Chelsea Sayers?"
He nods and says "yes, she is a contestant who we are waiting on to start filming today"
Elena asks "contestant for what?"
He says "our show Chopping Block, it's a show to see who is the best amateur chef. Why are you asking about Chelsea?"
I say "I'm sorry to tell you but she was murdered"
He shakes his head and says "it can't be she was here this morning and was coming back for our night cooking challenge, she was on of the best here"
We head over to the other contestants to question them about Chelsea. They all have a strong motive to murder her as she seemed like she would win the competition and someone might have wanted her out of the way so they had a better chance of winning.

No one admits anything but four of the contestants seem likely due to the way they acted and the answers they gave. The four people are two females Ashleigh Orana, Lila Mathews, and two males AJ Cook and Christopher Jack.

We all head back to the station. I start up the murder board with the help of Ryan and Castle to see what we know. Espo and Elena head down to the morgue to see how Lanie is going. I would normally go but at the moment the smell in the morgue makes me feel sick.
They come back and Espo says "there wasn't enough DNA to get a match but Lanie did find that the killer was female"
We add that to the information given and it cuts the suspect pool back down to two. We had looked into the victims life and no one else seemed to have motive which makes us more confident that it was one of the two female contestants we have identified as suspects.

We bring them both into the station and put them in seperate interrogation rooms. Castle and I interview Lila while Ryan and Elena interview Ashleigh. Espo watches to see if he can learn anything from hearing both.
We don't get anything out of Lila so we leave the room to see what Ashleigh has said where we see her crack and admit that she killed Chelsea because of she was getting attention from AJ who Ashleigh liked and she also didn't want Chelsea to win as Ashleigh thought that she should win.

Authors note...
I am so sorry for such a long wait. I got stuck for ideas and focused on other books while also being really busy with not much time to write. It turns out plane rides are a great time to write as I don't have much else I can do.