Episode 7

Castle pov...

We are sitting at our desks doing paperwork well I am watching seeing I don't have to do paperwork when we get a call about a new case.

We all head to the scene where a Jolie Martin was murder in her apartment, we split up to search the apartment and everyone has giving the all clear but Elena, I go to the room she was checking and go to walk in when she says "stop, don't come in"
Beckett walks over and says "what's going on?"
I shrug and Elena says "I may have stepped on a bomb"
I say "another one"
Elena says "what?"
Beckett says "a few years ago we had a case where I stepped on a bomb in an apartment"
Elena says "can you bomb squad so we can check"
Beckett nods and says "I am calling them now"
I ask "who would put a bomb in an apartment?"
Elena says "someone wanted the victim dead and placing a bomb gives them more time to get away"
I nod and say "someone must of really wanted her dead if there is a bomb in her bedroom and she was shot three times in the stomach"
Bomb squad arrives and checks the whole apartment and the guy in charge when Beckett was on the bomb says "well once again the apartment is clear apart from the one bomb the Elena is standing on. Elena is on 3 metre round bomb that if she steps off it will explode"
Elena asks "how do we deactivate it?"
He says "we are trying to get to the bomb now to figure that out"
He turns to Elena and says "you have to stay as still as possible and not move your weight from foot to foot"
Elena nods and says "it will be fine"
The bomb guy walks away so he can get more information. Elena laughs and Beckett asks "what's so funny?"
Elena says "how many homicide unit have two people step on bombs in apartments, homicide you normally deal with dead people and the killers might be dangerous but I'm sure our homicide unit is in so many situations where we in fight for lives, I have heard so many stories about you two in life threatening situations"
Beckett nods and I say "can't ever say our job is boring"
Beckett says "well you don't actually work here Castle"
Elena laughs and I say "well I am a part of the team"
Beckett nods and says "wouldn't want it another way"
Elena asks "when are you two going to have your wedding seeing the last one didn't quite happen?"
Beckett say "I don't know"
I say "hopefully soon and maybe just a small one with close friends and family so it's easier"
Beckett says "that's a good idea"
Elena says "you two go should go and see Ryan and Espo to see if they found anything and find the killer"
I ask "you sure"
Elena nods and Beckett says "okay, we'll be back soon"

Beckett and I go back to the prescient to check on the guys and they have found two suspects who both had motive to kill Jolie. Just then they both arrive as they were brought in for questioning.
The two suspects are the ex husband Sam White who hated her and they had been fighting a lot and the other suspect or her work partner Danny Parker who had been stealing money from the company and Jolie found out.

The guys question Sam and we question Danny.
After interrogation the boys come over to us and Espo says "he won't admit to knowing anything about the bomb but he had gunpowder on his hand so we think he is the one who shot her"
Beckett says "Danny admitted to planting the bomb but he doesn't know how to stop it one it is set and he has no control to deactivate it"
I say "two people tried to kill the same person, one managed to and the other took to long and now Elena is in danger"
Beckett says "Ryan, Espo can you take them to booking and have Danny processed for attempted murder and Sam processed for murder"
They nod and walk off, Gates walks over to us and says "how is the case going?"
Beckett says "we have the killer and the guy who set the bomb, we are about to go back to the scene to check on Elena and the progress the bomb squad has made"
Gates says "okay go let me know the progress on Elena"
We nod and go back to the scene.

We arrive and go to Elena, she sees us and says "you don't have to be here"
Beckett says "we closed the case and we wanted to check on you, it has been almost five hours of you standing on the bomb"
Elena says "I'm fine, it doesn't bother me standing here for so long, my legs are fine but I hope they hurry up and finish though"
The bomb guy walks over to us and says "we have deactivated the bomb now so Elena you can step off and we are confident that it won't go off"
Elena says "only confident not sure"
He nods and says "we can never be sure as it was a complicated bomb"
Elena slowly lifts her foot and as nothing happens she quickly moves and steps off the bomb plate, it didn't go off.
Beckett and I hug her and Beckett says "I'm glad your okay"
I call Espo and tell him that Elena is safe and off now, he is glad and tells Ryan and Gates. Gates tells us we can go home now and work on the paperwork later so Beckett, Elena and I go home.