Episode 16-Finale

Beckett pov...

A lot has changed in the last year, I went back to work and am moving towards captain as Gates plans on retiring soon. Isobel is a great addition to the family, she has my hair and Ricks eye colour. She is so curious and is starting to try and walk around and make some words.
Elena is always helping when we need it and is great with Isobel. Elena has recently gotten a boyfriend after approval by Rick, Ryan and Espo. 

Rick has just finished his new book and hasn't let me read it fully as he wants part of it to be a surprise. We are going to a writers award ceremony where he is getting given an award. It is a big ceremony where parts will be photographed and videotaped by the press.

Lanie, Espo, Ryan, Jenny, Jim, Martha, Alexis, Elena, Theo, Gates, Rick, Isobel and I take up the whole table at the ceremony. We listen to others being given their awards and their speeches. We have a small break where we get to talk and some of Rick's friends come over to talk to us.
The awards start back up and Rick's name is read out for an award. Rick goes up on stage to collect his award and he starts his speech "This award would not be possible without the help I got writing from my wife, our family, friends and the rest of the 12th. Thank you to all of you and the readers of my books there wouldn't be much point without you. I hope that you will enjoy the latest book I have written however this is the final book I will write. I have chosen to spend more time with my family and working at the 12th instead of spending my free time writing. It has been such a journey from the first book to the last and I wouldn't have had it any other way"

Rick walks back to the table and hugs me first and kisses Isobel on the head. I hold back the tears that are threatening to come out and I say to him "that was amazing"
He smiles and says "thank you"
Lanie asks "how long ago did you decide that?"
Rick says "when Kate was pregnant and Gina wanted me to go on tour I realised I didn't ever want to miss the moment ls even the small ones and there were more important things to focus on than writing"

Authors note...
That is the end, thank you for reading. Sorry it was a rushed ending but I wanted to end it rather than leaving unfinished for months with no updates. I hope this story was alright, it was fun to write.