Survive or Die

Ava's POV

We all ran to the scream to find someone being hanged with a red long sword to there chest.

"Oh look, a human piñata."I point out.

"Ava!"Asuna hissed at me."He's dying!"

"Correction Asuna, he's suffering.He can't die because it's a safe zone.It probably hurts like a bitch but he'll be fine."I say surely and nod my head.

"I'm gonna go get him down.Kirito,Ava catch him."She ordered us and ran off inside the building.

"You got it captain."I mumbled and followed Kirito.

"Just hang on!"I yell.

"Ava!Don't tell him that!"Kirito told me.

"Right.Sorry."I apologized.

"H-Help...me.."I heard him croak and then he shattered into crystals as the sword fell to the ground.

It was dead silent.

"So did anyone see where the candy went?"I asked.

"Jesus cirist Ava, a man just died!"I hear Asuna yell at me.

"Once again Asuna, a person can't die inside a safe zone unless they challenge him to a duel."I told her.

"Everyone!Look for a winner duel notification!"Kirito yelled at the crowd and they started looking.

This can't be.Someone can't die in a safe zone.I thought.Wait.

Why do I care?Maybe it was someone pulling a prank with a MPC.

Nice prank.I thought.

"There's no one inside!"Asuna yelled from the balcony.I walked over to the sword, picking it up and swinged it around.It looks normal.Me and Kirito both walked inside to meet with Asuna.We all start to think about this case.

"What is the meaning of this?"Kirito mumbles.

"The most obvious explanation would be that the murder impaled the victim, put the rope around his neck, and shoved him out the window.Right?"Asuna said.We both nodded.

"But a winner notification was no where to be seen."Kirito pointed out.That's true.

"But this is impossible.Damaging someone in a safe area can only happen during a duel.Even so we can't ignore this.We'll have to back down from the front lines for a while."I say.

"Look who's talking."Asuna puffed.I rolled my eyes.Whatever.

"Why do you even care?"Asuna asked.I gasped.

"Are you implying that I don't care an innocent man died right in front of my eyes?"I asked her.

"Yes."

"Fine.I kinda wanna prove that I'm right, there's not way that someone died in a safe zone.As much as I hate to say it, this game is pretty fair."I explained.

"Ava's right."Kirito said looking at me as I smirked."If someone's able to PK around the safe zones then no where is safe for us anymore."

"We need to figure this out.You'll have to assist me with this but just so we're clear, there will be no times for naps."She said seriously.

"Alright.But you sleep more than me and Kirito."I say earning a glare and a chuckle.

*****OUTSIDE THE CHRUCH-I BELIEVE IT WAS*****

"Excuse me people!"I yell out."Is there anyone who saw the whole 'accident' play out?If you did please tell us right away!"

A girl with long dark purple hair stepped out of the crowd and walk to us.