Fifty Nine

Joe was stood in the doorway as he watched his child be delivered. He made it just in time. Demi had her eyes closed but soon opened them again when she felt Willa and Emily's hands leave hers replaced with a familiar touch, she turned her head to the side smiling as Joe leaned down kissing her lips gently not hesitating to kiss him back Willa and Emily sneaking out but the happiness was soon washed away when they both realised. Their baby didn't cry. Susan cut the cord before handing the baby to a doctor who rushed away with her.

"I-Is she okay?" Demi inquired feeling Joe grab hold tight of her hand.

"The doctor will check over her now and figure out why she didn't cry for now we need to prepare for the next baby." Demi tilted her head again towards Joe who was looking back down at her.

"W-What?" He stammered.

"Surprise," She whispered a smile on her face. "They found him on the twenty week scan, he was hiding behind his sister on the twelve week scan. Sorry I didn't tell you, I haven't told anyone because I thought you should be the first to know and you didn't want to know anything like that over the phone." Demi smiled through the kiss as he leaned down kissing her gently but pulled away before she could kiss back.

"I love you." He breathed.

"I love you too." She answered.

Not long later Demi gave birth again to their little boy, he too wasn't crying so was taken away. Demi gave birth to the placenta before she was cleaned up Joe next to her the whole time. She was glad he had made it to see both his children enter the world even their daughter, any longer then he would have missed his first daughter coming into the world.

"How are you feeling?" Joe questioned as they both settled down.

"I'll be better when I know how our twins are," Demi admitted. "But how are you?" Joe cracked a small smile kissing her forehead.

"I'm fine," Joe spoke. "Glad to be back with you."

"You did see our daughter being born didn't you?" Joe nodded his head.

"A bit too much if I'm honest." Joe joked Demi squeezing his hand.

"You seem a lot better, a lot happier." Demi breathed.

"I'm just glad to be home." Joe admitted.

"Can I now have a hug from my best friend?" They heard a voice looking in the doorway seeing Emily stood there. Joe laughed getting up giving her a big hug Emily hugging him back just as tight before pulling back kissing his cheek. "Congratulations."

"Thanks but I haven't seen much of them yet." Joe stated a small smile on his face as Emily looked between them both.

"What do you mean them?"

"I knew it was twins all along, I told Elliot to tell you all, not my problem." Demi shrugged her shoulders a small smirk on her face but they both laughed when she rolled her eyes hugging Joe again Joe hugging her back.

"How long are you staying for?"

"A couple of weeks, I can't stay too long or recovery could take longer." Joe answered kissing the top of her head before sitting back down on the chair next to Demi's bed taking hold of her hand again. He wanted to stay around and be with his sons and daughter but he still thought this was his only option, so he could fully be trusted around them without supervision.

"I hope they're okay." Demi mumbled.

"Joe you should get some rest, it's meant to be one in the morning in England." Emily demanded Demi moving up on the bed patting the spot next to her. He cracked a small smile laying down next to her kissing the side of her head.

"Only if you get some rest as well." He whispered in her ear Demi nodding her head snuggling up to him as his arms wrapped around her. They both soon fell asleep in one another's arms.