Fifteen

"Demi Lovato?" Demi heard a voice sighing slightly as she stood up. She looked around once more for Joe but he hadn't come. She followed the midwife into a room where she had her weight and blood pressure done before she sat down on a chair. It was too early to see the baby through a scan but it was to confirm that she was pregnant and make sure her body was well enough to cope with carrying a baby. If it was going to harm herself or more importantly her baby she'd have something serious to think about.

"Everything looks to be okay, are you doing this alone?" The doctor inquired.

"Looks like it," Demi breathed. "All this was a mistake and I offered for him to come along but he hadn't turned up."

"I'm sorry to hear that, maybe he just needs to think things over, all you can do is invite him." She suggested Demi sighing nodding her head.

"I have a five year old son, I've been through this before. I just don't know if I can look after him and this new baby by myself." Demi admitted.

"Think positive alright." She encouraged Demi sighing nodding her head. They carried on the appointment until they were sure everything was okay with her and what they could with the baby. She wasn't far along enough to know much but she knew if she had any problems she would come back. She left the room rolling her eyes when she saw Joe sat in the waiting room meeting her at the door after she had spoke to reception, she just continued walking anyway.

"Forget it Joe, I can't have you keep on letting us down when you promise you'll be places." Demi insisted Joe shaking his head gently.

"I promise I was going to cope but something came up." He mumbled.

"What could have possibly come up which stopped you from coming to your baby's scan?" Demi questioned being harsh with him but she regretted it when he spoke again.

"Ashton stopped breathing, I was with him and Emily." He mumbled again Demi stopping them walking looking up at him. She knew he was telling the truth even if she barely knew the man stood in front of her. She'd have to get to know him.

"Is he okay?" Demi questioned.

"For now, he's got a tube helping him breath before he has an operation on his lungs." Joe answered holding back his tears. Demi sighed knowing that the little boy was only young, he shouldn't have to go through something like an operation.

"Go be with him, I'm sorry for snapping at you." Demi mumbled this time feeling a little bad for what had happened over the last couple of minutes.

"It's okay, how is the baby?" Joe questioned.

"I'm not far on enough to have a scan but everything seems okay at the moment, here's the date for my twelve week scan if you want to come?" Joe nodded his head taking the card from her.

"I'm sorry again Demi, I really want to be there."

"I believe you Joe, I'm just scared I'd have to do this by myself again." Demi admitted looking down at the floor.

"I won't let you do this alone, I promise," Joe kissed her cheek gently. "I'll give you a call sometime and we can do something, there's no point bring a baby into the world when we don't know one another very well." Joe stated Demi cracking a small smile nodding her head.

"That sounds really nice Joe, thanks," Demi begun swinging her bag over her shoulder. "I should get home to Kean but good luck with Ashton. I hope he will be okay." Demi stated.

"Thanks, see you soon." They both said their goodbyes before they separated Demi heading back to her car where she climbed in. She couldn't help but think about what the future would be like, she knew she was growing feelings towards Joe. She felt like she was ready to date again whether he was she didn't know.

-----------------------------------------------------

Comments please