Sixteen

Joe entered the hospital room wrapping his arms around his best friend as she sobbed into his chest. He sighed kissing her hair as he stared at his little boy laid on the hospital bed, he was sleeping with a mask over his tiny face. He looked innocent as he laid back on the hospital bed not knowing what to do with his son. He didn't like to see him like this.

"Ash will be okay." Joe breathed pulling away from Emily kissing her cheek gently.

"My baby is way too young to go through surgery!" Emily exclaimed letting Joe wrap his arms around her but they could still see one another.

"I know he is but he's our son and he'll be just fine, I promise. He'll be so much better after this and we won't have to worry about anything else." Joe assured her.

"I guess," She mumbled. "Where would I be without my best friend?"

"Nowhere." Joe grinned jokingly kissing her forehead as he pulled away from her. He wondered over to the bed kissing his son's head.

"How was the appointment?" Emily inquired. She didn't know how she felt the father of her baby having another not long after they welcomed their son to the world but she couldn't do anything about it, they weren't anything other than friends and the girl was already pregnant.

"I didn't get there in time, I really need to make it up for her cause at the moment she thinks I want nothing to do with them both which I do." Joe explained admiring his son.

"But the baby is okay?" Emily inquired Joe nodding his head.

"She seems to be, Demi isn't far along so they couldn't take a scan but there's nothing wrong with her body to show any problems." Joe breathed.

"She?" Emily inquired.

"We have a son, Demi has a son and so does her best friend. It seems like we need to welcome a little girl to both families." Joe grinned smiling when Emily wrapped her arm around him.

"He or she will be beautiful either way," Emily kissed his cheek gently Joe enjoying the comfort from his best friend. He hoped she'd get on with Demi, he had to get on with Demi for the sake of their baby. Joe leaned down kissing her gently Emily kissing him back Joe deepening the kiss slightly before he pulled away leaning his forehead on hers."W-What was that?"

"I-I don't know but I liked it." He kissed her again Emily kissing him back wrapping her arms around his neck as they both smiled.

Joe got home that night Emily being the one who was staying with Ashton until he had his surgery the next day, he'd be at the hospital for when he did. He'd rather lose his job then not be there for his son. Joe sat down on the couch scrolling through his contacts until he found Demi's near the top with it being alphabetical. He phoned her it not being long for him to hear her answer.

"Hi Joe." She greeted, he could hear pots and pans in the background so he knew she was cooking probably for herself and her son.

"Hey Demi, I'm calling to arrange something." Joe stated.

"Let Ashton have his surgery then we'll arrange something." Demi answered.

"He's having it tomorrow afternoon, I thought we could meet up before, I know a place which sells the best hot chocolates." Joe tried to tempt Demi laughing.

"Are you sure Joe?"

"I need something to get my mind of Ashton." Joe admitted looking down at the floor as he spoke, he just wanted his son to be okay. Demi sighed nodding her head even though he couldn't see her over the phone.

"Okay Joe nine tomorrow?" Demi suggested.

"I'll come pick you up." Joe approved writing down her address before they hung up. They were having a baby together. They wanted to get to know one another before their son or daughter arrives.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!