Two

Demi woke up the next morning hearing her alarm clock buzzing in her ear, a groan escaped her lips leaning over pressing the button on the alarm clock to shut it off. She wanted to roll over and go back to sleep but she knew she couldn't do that. Her eyes finally opened landing on the time her eyes widening when she saw it was nearly eight. She shot out of bed quickly rushing to put any clothes on she could before darting into Kean's bedroom seeing that he was already awake attempting to get dressed himself but was struggling.

"Mommy help!" He exclaimed.

"Why didn't you wake me?" She lectured slightly as she made her way over holding the shirt so he could slip his arms through helping him pull it over his head.

"You were mumbling Liam in your sleep." Kean stated Demi sighing slightly as she smoothed out his hair so it wasn't as messy. Liam was her ex boyfriend, she loved him more than anything but he had tragically died when Kean was less than a year old. She found it hard to cope for a while with raising a young boy without his father but she was happy that she hadn't given up. Kean was her world. She just still to this day missed Liam. He was the perfect boyfriend.

"We'd better get going before your late for kindergarten, good job I brought home leftovers from the restaurant for lunch." Demi kissed his nose making Kean grin, he liked it when his mom brought home leftovers, it was usually a fancy sandwich that hadn't been sold. She only brought them home if Kean had been good which he had been.

Demi collapsed down on the couch after dropping Kean off for kindergarten just in time for the bell to ring. This was the time of the day where she was by herself, she wished she had a different job so she could work these hours that Kean was at kindergarten so when he was at home she was able to spend time with him rather than working to give them a roof over their heads and food on the table. She hated having to rely on her parents to look after him. A groan escaped her lips when the doorbell rung, she shouted with as much voice as she could so she didn't have to get up.

"It's open!" That's when a little boy came running in towards her, she smiled lifting him up onto her lap kissing his head gently as his mother entered the room too. "Hey Willa and Carter."

"Kean?" The three year old questioned looking up at Demi who shook her head.

"Kean is at kindergarten remember." Demi stated Carter frowning but smiled when Demi passed him one of Kean's toys watching as his long fingers wrapped around it.

"You look tired." Willa noted as she sat down next to her best friend.

"I am that's why, I slept through my alarm earlier and Kean was nearly late for kindergarten. We only just got there in time." Demi sighed smoothing out some of his hair.

"I think you need to quit your job Demi because working is stopping you from finding a job you will enjoy." Willa advised.

"I'd love to do something like that but if I have no job then I can't pay for Kean and if I can't do that then I'll lose him. I don't know how long it will take to find another job." Demi complained Willa sighing knowing that she was right.

"Why don't you take a couple of days off then you can look for a job, you still have some holidays right?" She questioned Demi nodding her head. "Then do that and I'll come down and help you search, what are best friends for?" Demi smiled.

"Thanks Willa, it means a lot."

"It's not a problem, how about we go to the park after we've picked Kean up? Give the boys a chance to play before you go to work?"Willa questioned.

"Or I could just demand for the day off?" Demi grinned.

"That's the spirit!"Demi laughed as she set Carter down on the floor so she could make the three of them some drinks.

------------------------------------------

Comments please!