Chapter 8: Sadie

OUR GROUP, WHICH WAS GROWING SLIGHTLY LARGER BY THE MINUTE, walked over to the sword fighting arena. As we walked, I pressed the angel symbol on the hilt of my sword, and it shrank back into a wristband. 

The arena was filled with kids and teens with weapons. They were fighting with swords, daggers and spears. A blonde haired boy stood at the front, yelling instructions. Finally, the blonde boy yelled, "All right, Ares! Class dismissed! Good job today!"

The kids cheered and ran off, most of them still holding weapons. The blonde boy stayed behind. He looked about eighteen. As his face came into focus, I noticed that he had bright blue eyes and a scar on his lip. He was wearing glasses with gold frames. He also had a tattoo on his arm. 

"Hi, Percy," the boy said, raising his hand in greeting

"Hi, Percy," the boy said, raising his hand in greeting. "Piper, Leo, Calypso, Hazel. Who're you?" His gaze landed on me. 

"I'm Sadie," I replied. "Don't ask any more questions, because I won't know the answer."

The boy raised an eyebrow. "I'm Jason. Where's Annabeth?"

"Always the question, isn't it?" I noticed. 

Percy explained the situation to Jason. Jason looked horrified. "Annabeth's missing?" he repeated. 

"Yeah. We're going to find her," I said hastily. 

"Gotcha. Let's go to the archery range-- that's where Frank and Nico are. Will and Frank are trying to teach Nico how to shoot an arrow."

"Uh oh," Hazel said. "Nico's my half brother. He's terrible with a bow and arrow."

"Half brother on the godly side?" I guessed. She nodded. 

"Will is Nico's boyfriend," Jason added. I raised an eyebrow and opened my mouth, but Jason's look stopped me. I swallowed. "Okay."

When we reached the archery range, there were three kids standing next to each other, shooting arrows. Two of them were really good, and one was awful. The first guy was tall and blonde, with a Camp Half-Blood shirt and necklace. 

The second guy was Asian, with black hair and a tattoo on his arm like Jason's

The second guy was Asian, with black hair and a tattoo on his arm like Jason's. He wore a purple shirt and blue jeans, with a white pouch tied to his belt.