Chapter 2: Sadie

I HAD A STRANGE DREAM.

I was flying above the world. I could look down at myself and see a chicken's body. I wasn't sure why. I saw some disturbing things. I saw flying horses. People were riding them. I also saw someone riding a dragon. That was brilliant! The dragon was made of metal, but still! I wanted to ride a metal dragon.

There were huge men with clubs, fighting tiny people that looked like teenagers. I noticed that a few of the people kept coming back: a boy with black hair and sea-green eyes. A girl with blonde hair and a dagger. A boy with curly dark hair who could hold fire. A girl with bushy brown hair, dark skin and gold eyes. There were a few others, too, but those were the ones I got the chance to notice.

They held swords and spears, fighting monsters. There were snake ladies, vampires, girls with snake hair, giants, and other monsters. There was a big battle with lots of monsters and people in orange and purple shirts. The metal dragon was flying around with that kid with the fire, who was glowing, and two other teens, along with a woman made of... dirt? The boy on the dragon started glowing really bright, the other two kids fell, and there was a huge gold explosion. I forced myself to open my eyes.

I was in a room with gray walls, and a bunch of bunk beds lining the walls

I was in a room with gray walls, and a bunch of bunk beds lining the walls. The bunk beds had owls carved into the headboard. The room was cluttered with books, math papers, and blueprints. The people who owned the room were obviously brainiacs. The room was empty. I looked down at myself. I wore a pair of white pajamas. At least, that's what it looked like. Underneath that, I had jeans, a black tank top, and combat boots. I had a silver chain around my neck with a pendant on it. The engraving on the pendant looked like an angel. I also had a gold chain with a circular symbol on it. Both of them probably stood for something, but I hadn't a clue what.

I realized that I had no idea where I was, or even who I was. I struggled to remember. My name was Sadie. I didn't know my last name. I didn't know where I was from, who my family members were. I didn't know anything.

A knock on the door to the room startled me out of my thoughts. "Annabeth, you there?" a boy's voice asked.

"Come in," I answered. I had no idea who this Annabeth was, but maybe this boy knew me and could help me remember who I was.

The boy stepped into the room, and I did a double take. It was the black haired kid from my dream.