Castaway

"Late again I see, Mr. Hood." Her voice crackled through the air like the wayward crack of a whip, Ms. Burns stood up from her perch in the front row of the auditorium.

I ended up back where I started. Except I didn't have the sarcastic confidence from before, my acting skills had dried up quicker than desert when I returned. I became one of the stage crew pretty quickly, I didn't mind being in the shadows as much anymore.

I wanted to roll my eyes at the hag, "I've been here the entire time."

"Then why do I have you marked absent on the attendance?" She snapped, flaunting the piece of paper in my face as if it had some residual meaning.

"I can vouch for him." A voice spoke up, the person behind it gave the evil witch a smile that could power the sun.

"Of course, of course. Now I remember," she gushed, erasing the fat A that accompanied my name on the list she added a scratchy check mark in its place. "Thanks for the reminder Luke."

Okay, maybe things weren't exactly the same as where I started.

I pretended to gag when Ms. Burns turned away and Luke let out a laugh. "Where would I be without you?"

"Well, judging by the trajectory of the moon and the sun..." Luke began, putting on a small act as he thought. He stroked his fake beard before replying detention.

I shook my head with a laugh, shoving him lightly and causing him to trip over his baby deer legs and end up thrown into one of the auditorium seats upside down.

My mom had told me if I wasn't doing acting full time then I had to go back to school, I have no idea why Luke enrolled too but I didn't mind the company.

The bell sounded and I helped Luke stand up, it was a difficult task and he nearly kicked me in the head at one point but he promised to pay for lunch today so I wasn't about to leave him behind.

Things were going pretty well, Luke had all but moved into my house at this point but everyone seemed to adore the dorky blond. He was a surprisingly good friend when it came down to what happened and after the near brawl him and Michael had it wasn't that much of a shock that he pretty much left the movie business.

Either than a few odd acting jobs that I only accepted because Ashton had sent me the scripts, I was pretty much out too. Fame wasn't all it was cracked up to be, behind the curtain of popularity there was a world of aggression and bad choices that I didn't want to be a part of.

Michael, on the other hand, tended to live up to his bad boy rep. When I finally had the nerve to confront the guy about the way he was acting he cracked a smirk that he flashed the ladies often and added a quick Welcome to Hollywood kid before finally getting into a limo.

I knew that not all actors were that bad but Michael kind of put me off high class social events. He didn't seem to mind losing Luke as a best friend either, after two weeks of being his best friend I couldn't see why, I'd miss Luke if he even left for a weekend. Apparently Michael took a lot of things for granted, Luke and I were just two of the many.

My sister had dumped him a couple days ago but Michael didn't mind, he had a line up of boys and girls to pick from, he was truly an asshole movie star that took advantage of his fame any chance he got.

I didn't want to end up like that, Luke actually promised to punch me in the face of it happened, I didn't attend movie premieres or red carpets. I got Luke to accept my Leo for me because I just really didn't want to go. That's kind of where he tried to pick a fight with Michael for the third time but didn't get to throw a punch before security was breaking them up.