Reward Miles

A/N: Am I the only one that doesn't really enjoy the new website layout/set up for reading and writing? I find it a little unpleasing on the eyes. I was reviewing the last update on my laptop just now and it struck me as a little strange how my text was displayed like, the spacing between paragraphs is a little off? I don't know how to explain it really... What's your opinion on the new layout (can be about the new layout for the app too)

*cringes as I hit enter because it still looks off to me*

"I missed you Cal," he mumbled, pulling me into a hug before I can react further than our initial greeting.

I'm a little awkward at first, seeing as people don't usually want to hug me and I was slightly rude during my high school experience but this is nice.

"Missed you too." I whisper, hugging him back after a little hesitation. I don't know why I hesitated, maybe I thought this could have been some dream and if I hugged him, the dream would end.

"I missed you more than I should have," I breathe out when my arms wrap around his warm frame. I was struck by a pang of hurt in my chest when I said that, as if my body was just realizing that I seriously did miss him a lot and it was all catching up to me.

He didn't pull back but I could feel him grinning against my t-shirt, "Missed you more."

"You guys are gross," a voice interrupted our mini reunion, followed by a minor assault of popcorn headed our way.

Michael's hair caught most of the spray, but a kernel hit me just above the eyebrow and I glared at the two immature teenagers facing me. Luke awkwardly held the bag of popcorn and Ashton was stuffing a fistful of the buttery goodness into is face hole.

"Fuck off." I whine, already picking out the bits of popcorn from Michael's hair. Ashton snorts.

"Suck a dick." Comes his absolutely brilliant retort, to which Luke rolls his eyes and shakes his head slightly in a doting way.

"Maybe I would have if you didn't come along and screw it up." I joke, untangling Michael from me in the process. 

He lets out a cry in protest, decidedly gluing himself to my arm instead. He mumbles something about being tired as if I would have stopped him from doing so.

"Your mum's waiting in the car," Luke says before Ashton can embarrass himself any further.

↝❀↜

"There was like six Air Miles Reward Miles commercials on the airplane's TV," Ashton complained as he chatted avidly with my mother about the flight and whatnot.

Michael, in his extremely tired state, was only half listening to the conversation play out but he still added in small comments every once and a while.

"Dunno' 'bout you, but I feel rather rewarded after all those air miles I've been collecting," he mumbled, and looked to be dozing off finally.

Eventually, Ashton and I got a decent conversation going about Snoop Dog or something and my mum worked on getting us home.

We were almost there when Michael woke up at the exact moment I made eye contact with Ashton. As I looked in his eyes, I could see the realization in those hazel eyes. He knew what was about to go down.

I opened my mouth to speak, "Don't you dare!" Ashton cut me off but I only smirked and continued.

"Why was six afraid of seven?" I ask, attempting to put on an innocent facade.

"Because seven eight nine." Ashton answers confidently, unable to hold back his smirk at knowing the punch line.

"One: You're a nerd. Two: That's cannibalism. And three: no." I retort, anticipating that he was going to reply with that common punch line. His eyebrows scrunch together as he thinks, trying to come up with the answer before my punch line can fall off my tongue.

"Because seven's a well known six offender."

Michael groans, sleepily hitting me in the arm.

"Hey Mikey," I begin, fluffing his air absentmindedly as I wait for a reply. He hums quietly to tell me he's listening.

"Are you a banana? 'Cause I find you a-peeling."

"Shhh, nerd, 'm trying to sleep." He whined, burying his head into my shoulder but you could practically hear the cute smile stretched on his lips.

Nailed it.

A+ flirting, right here.