Soups On

Josh sat in a stark white kitchen, not that he'd ever know. Ross walked into frame, he and Josh contrasted the kitchen the most. Both were clad in dark shades.

"Mum said you were here." Ross said, looking a little unsure of what to do so he fidgeted with his hands.

Josh raised his head, lifting his black sunglasses to the bridge of his nose. He looked in the general direction Ross was when he'd spoken.

"You look nice today." Josh said dryly, leaning back in his chair. It was common for Josh to make bitter remarks on people's looks specifically because he was blind.

"Mate," Ross spoke up, leaning against the sink approximately three feet to the left of where Josh was looking. "I'm sure the toaster appreciates your compliment."

Josh scoffed, turning his head toward Ross stiffly, "What? Thought I'd compliment you?" To which Ross rolled his eyes.

"Want some food?" Ross asked, opening random cupboards around the sink. Josh was quick to reply with a string of swear words that ended with yes.

"So, um, what did the doctors say?" Ross asked, pausing his actions as he gauged Josh's reaction. Josh supposedly went to a specialist for a week in the film to find out whether or not he'd be able to get his vision back through surgery.

It was silent for a long time.

"Oh." Ross said, biting his lip.

"It was a long shot anyway." Josh spat dismissively, tugging on the sleeves of his grey knit sweater absentmindedly.

Ross continued his cooking, they sat in silence once more as they waited for the food to finish.

"What is it?" Josh asked, as Ross pushed a spoon into his right hand. The soup warmed up Josh's neck.

"Alphabet soup." Ross replied, pulling out a chair and seating himself in front of Josh.

At that moment Josh raised his head, and that's when it looked like Josh made eye contact, the only time he was close to looking someone directly without some help the entire film.

Josh placed his spoon in the bowl with a heavy clunk and dragged the spoon against the bottom of the bowl, he brought it to his lips.

Josh bit back a laugh.

"Alphabet soup, more like Times New Ramen, am I right?" Calum said, nearly dropping his spoon as he wheezed for air.

"Goddamn it Calum!" Michael shouted, banging his fist against the table but ended up with his head in his hands. The joke was so stupid. Michael's shoulders shook with laughter as the director shouted "Cut!"

"Are we ready to continue?" He asked when the two settled down.

"Y-Yeah." Michael said, attempting to catch his breath.

The director gestured to someone behind him, "Fix his hair."

Five minutes later they were ready to film once again.

"Alphabet soup." Ross replied as he pulled out a chair and seated himself across the table from Josh.

Josh placed his spoon in the bowl with a clunk and dragged the spoon across the bottom of the bowl heavily before raising the spoon to his mouth.

Josh held back a laugh.

"How am I supposed to be depressed when you feed me alphabet soup?" Josh grumbled but couldn't help the smile that tugged onto his lips.