White Lights

A/N: Actual picture of Calum photobombing Michael's selfie at the top.

Also, if you could read the author's note at the bottom that would be nice, thanks x

There was a silence that hung over Michael and I for the next couple of hours, it wasn't consistent, there were a few short conversations during commercial breaks but I could feel it, creeping over the top of the couch whenever the next Game Of Thrones episode came on.

Michael would squeak and shield his eyes whenever there was mild nudity, I had a fun time telling him it was over when it wasn't.

"Hey Mikey, what has wheels and flies?" I ask, pausing Game of Thrones mid-beheading to look at him.

"I don't know."

"A garbage truck."

"Where are w-?" Michael says, gripping my wrist in the darkness.

I cut him off, "Shhh!" I snap, glaring at him over my shoulder.

"Sorry." He mumbles, yawning suddenly. His nose scrunched as his eyes shut and a warm feeling pumped through my veins suddenly, a smile washed over me for some reason. I wasn't going to question what I was smiling at because I knew it was Michael.

Everything that made me happy lately revolved around this boy who more pink than most girls. This boy who I've only begun to know. This boy, Michael.

He opened his eyes to reveal his perfect pale green eyes. And it took me a second too long for me to realize that I'd been staring at him. His eyebrows scrunched and his head tilted to the side ever so slightly, it was ridiculous how such a small gesture had that much of affect on me.

My smile only grew wider until it happily ended up as more of a grin. Before he could question my sudden change in mood, I tug him along after me. We walk quietly across my room and toward the window.

"So I'm going to go out first so that I can make sure you don't fall off the roof's edge." I explain while opening the window.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Michael questions, glancing over the sill momentarily before looking back at me.

I scoff, "I've done this plenty of times, Mikey, don't worry about it."

With a dismissive wave of my hand I've already made my way through the the window, legs first, before Michael has a chance to protest my actions.

I hear him grumble a bit about safety procedures but he still sticks his long legs thought the window after a moment.

"Don't worry," I reassure once more, helping him the rest of the way through the window.

"Easy peasy lemon squeezy," he huffs, sounding a little unsure of himself even as he says it. He backs up from the window with a minuscule triumphant smile.

"Piece of c-" he yelps a little toward the end, his heels having met the edge of the roof.

I'm quick to grab the material of his thin cloud blue sweater shirt and keep him toppling over the edge, the force it took to tug him away from the edge continued to take affect up until Michael's eventual collision with me.

I stumbled a bit and slammed against the side of the house, window ledge digging into my back.

"Holy mother of goose." Michael stutters, gripping my t-shirt unexpectedly tight.

"Goose? Praise Goose." I mock, patting Michael's shoulder awkwardly to let him know he was safe.

We ventured around the corner of the house to where the roof extended out to cover the large porch my family invested in, even though none of us actually got around to venturing outside... Let alone sitting in a fenced in little deck.

I'd taken the time beforehand to bring out a few blankets and a little bit of food. So that was all set, it looked like a giant pile of fabric with a few bags of marshmallows thrown on it.

"Did you do this Cal?" Michael asked, looking around the wide expanse of the roof in awe before his gaze returned to me.

"Yeah, it's... Whatever..." I reply, shuffling my feet awkwardly under his stare.

"After you," I mumble, making an exaggerated gesture toward the blankets to get his attention off me. He flops down, moving the mellow bags to the side.

He pats the spot next to him before laying back into the more padded area.

I get comfortable, we both fall silent for awhile when the stars brighten up the sky.

"Wow, it's beautiful," I breathe out, looking for constellations in the night sky.

"Yeah it is," Michael mumbles, and I turn to him. Half expecting to see him staring at me like in the movies. Once again, I'm struck by how expectant movies have made me on relationship stuff.

Turns out, he's also looking at the dark light that the night brings out.

I hit him lightly, pulling on an offended look, "You're supposed to say not as pretty as you!"

Michael shrugs, glancing at me momentarily before bursting into a fit of giggles.

"Yeah, I am super pretty. Thanks for noticing," he giggles, but then sees the pout on my face and throws his arms around me.

"But I think you're gorgeous!" He grins, tightening his hug.

A/N: If you suck at updating clap your hands!

*clap clap*

Helloooo, yes I know, this wasn't as funny as it usually is but its a filler, so it's okie.

I'm thinking about undrafting a story I have and publishing it, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone. So let me know what you think, maybe I'll just post the title and ship and post the description of the top two on the next update? Sound good?

So the options are:

Lemonade - Lashton

FIFA - Malum

Twisted - Malum

So comment which one you think sounds interesting based on title or specific ship and I'll see you in the next update? x