In Red and Blue Ashes

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, a clang came from the elevator behind us as a person landed in our world, the final Kunoichi was here. The heavy steel doors clicked open and a red-haired girl, one I easily recognized, emerged from the elevator.

Skylor...

The orange outfit Skylor normally wore now had armor plating on her right shoulder, similar to Shade's. Surprisingly, she had a pair of black bangs hanging over her eyes, I guess she dyed her hair for the occasion.

"Sorry I'm late. Since you guys took my only other worker, I had to place a new ad out in the newspaper." Skylor took a seat between Shade and Free, who was standing at the end of the table.

"Alright, everyone's here so let's get down to business!" A light breeze blew through the room, a breeze that smelled like... coffee and burnt paper?

"Eww... business scent. Hate it!" Wake collapsed onto the table in melodramatic rage.

"Heh heh. Alright. Everyone, this meeting's gonna be a long introductory meeting for our newest members: Nya and Skylor. At the end-"

"Hey, what about me?" Ronin growled.

"You're not one of us. You're not a lady or a ninja. You're a butler." The way Free hissed butler earned a laugh from all of us, even Shade.

"A butler?"

"Yep. You live to serve us. Now, back to what I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted-"

Ronin was obviously in denial of the job he'd applied for. "No way, I'm not a butler, you told me I'm a mercenary!"

"Ronin, interrupt me one more time and you'll be getting docked 15% of your pay."

"Eh ... alright. Sorry, Free."

Whoa... she actually has Ronin on a leash? Free really is... something.

"Anyway, as I was saying, at the end of this meeting, we'll be doing a code name ceremony for our new members."

Right... I have to pick one of those.

"Free, can you get on with the meeting already? Being awake during the day consumes so much energy for me." Shade's voice was a lot more irritated than I expected from her. Usually she seemed pretty indifferent but now...

"Of course. Let's talk about your new duties as members of our group. The Kunoichi stand for one neat little acronym: F.E.A.R.R. Fight Evil and Reap Rewards."

"So you all are... bounty hunters?"

"In our free time, yes." Free giggled. Every time she says her name... she has a habit of giggling. But I don't really see the humor.

"But we do other awesome stuff too!" Wake added.

"Like freelancing at my Noodle Shop, right?" Skylor sent a scowl at both Wake and Free.

"Yes, Skylor. Now let me continue." Free barked back.

Skylor's acting very different from before. Her tongue's sharper and she's annoying Free, I think. I'm not too sure if that's a good idea, considering Free's... strength.