My Stupid Mouth (1)

• Dedicated to Wathma Neth Rupasinghe

Please be patient as this is my first story.

Comment, Vote and Read!!!!!!!!

~Daisy

Chapter 1

"Get down on the floor NOW!!!" someone roared.

Alexis jumped out of her skin, startled at the sudden shout cutting through the peaceful silence of the store.

People around her looked around, and frantically backed away from the entrance. She craned her neck to see four masked men enter the store. With guns. She took in a sharp breath, mentally scrambling to react to the situation. The man closest cocked his gun.

BANG! She saw the ceiling explode, peices of rubble falling onto the shiny floor.

People started screaming.

BANG!! BANG!!

"SILENCE!!!"

The whole store fell silent. Alexis went down on her knees, motioning others to do the same. They were looking shocked, in a trance. She motioned harder. Come on people sit down. They didn't want to see any unnecessary deaths in the name of disobedience, did they?

"Yes...follow that young lady's example, people. Sit on the floor so that I can see all of you."

She flinched. Her eyes fell on the gunman, the one with his gun ready. He was facing her, his gun trained on her.

She gulped.

Oh please, not today. She didn't want to die today.

It was just her luck. The day she allowed to go out for some shopping, the store gets robbed?

God, do you hate me so much?

She watched the gunman walk towards her until he was in front of her. She stared at his black boots.

"Look at me," he said in a low voice.

Despite herself, she looked up, a bit surprised. His voice didn't belong to him. His voice was low and husky. Definitely didn't belong to a robber. More like the voice of a singer. A soulful, gentle voice meant for someone special. A voice that made girls swoon.

The mask he was wearing covered his eyes and his nose, but not his mouth. He had full lips from what she could see and right now he was smirking. Yes, smirking. She frowned. Why was he smirking?

"Sit on the floor people, otherwise I am shooting this girl here." He pointed the gun at her.

She gasped. God. No no no no!!! She couldn't die today?! It was her 18th birthday for god's sake!!!

Alexis squeezed her eyes shut, trying to calm down. Then she felt the cool metal of the gun on her skin. She flinched, sucking in a breath. She shuddered slightly as the gun moved across her forehead, down her temple, stopping at her cheek.

She trembled, her throat dry. Oh, she hated guns with a passion. Now, one of those bloody weapons had to be pointing at her. She wanted to laugh. Karma was so unfair.

He shifted the gun over her cheek. She held back a whimper. Was he playing with her fear?

She bit her lip. Calm down Alex. Calm down.

She felt the gun run down her cheek and touch the sensitive skin of her lips. She flinched again, letting go of her bottom lip, trying to move backwards. The gun followed her or...she had not moved at all. She shuddered at the icy coolness of the metal.