Holding Onto You Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

Flashback

Mum held my hand as she rushed through the supermarket pushing her cart with one hand and stopping every few steps to add things to the cart.

"Mum please slow down I'm going to catch a fall. I knew it was a bad idea to come with. Why do I always believe you when you say you won't rush?" I bumped into someone and almost fell but this person caught me and steadied me as I gripped onto their solid as rock arms. I apologized, hiding behind mum who had stopped.

"No stress kid it was an accident." A guy said and he had an amazing voice. It was deep and husky and he had an English accent.

"I'm so sorry, my son Hunter is blind and I wasn't thinking and just pulling him along in my rush to get what I need and get home." Mum apologized as I held her hand again.

"Don't worry ma'am I understand. Have a nice day." He said kindly.

"What a polite young man." Mum said. I couldn't agree more. "I just need a few more things Hunter. Why don't you wait here and I'll be quick. Will you be okay on your own?"

No I wouldn't but I didn't want to bump into anyone else. "Yeah mum I'll be fine. Please be quick."

"I will I promise." She left my hand and I could hear her walk away in a hurry.

I felt my watch and five minutes had already past. I could feel eyes on me probably wondering why I was just standing alone in the middle of the supermarket looking down. Three minutes passed before I felt something against my leg. I jumped and let out a scream when I realized it was a dog and it started barking. What on earth was a dog doing in a supermarket. It continued to touch me and I started to panic. I wasn't fond of animals at all. A bit afraid even. "Mum" I screamed hoping she was close. Why won't the owner of the dog just take it away. Can't they see what it's doing to me. "Mum" I choked out finding it hard to breath. "Get it away, please someone get it away."

"Hunter what's wrong?" I heard the guy I bumped into earlier ask and without thinking I hugged him.

"Get the dog away." I begged, hugging him tighter.

"Who's dog is this?" He asked loudly and I heard a guy apologize and say that it's just a stray dog and always comes into the supermarket. He must be a cashier. "Hey it's okay the dog's gone, take a deep breath and relax." He rubbed his hand up and down my back as he comforted me. "You're okay now love just breath."

I hugged him tighter only because I knew that if he left me I would miss his arms around me. "I'm okay now, thank you so much. Please take me to my mum." I said, pulling out of his arms only to be carried bridal style which mum told me it's called when my dad use to carry me at night to bed when I was to tired to find my way to my room when I was younger, and he started walking toward perhaps where he thought mum could be.

"I'm Henry by the way. Henry Brock." He introduced himself in his thick English accent. I just buried my face in his chest, too embarrassed to reply. He chuckled and his chest vibrated, sending shivers down my back. He had a nice laugh I thought and he smelt amazing. "What's your last name?"

"Haynes." I whispered.

"Mrs. Haynes." He said aloud. "Mrs. Haynes." He turned a corner but he still could not find mum. How big is this supermarket? "I guess I should call her. Do you know your mums number?" He asked shifting me a little to probably pull his phone out of his pocket. I told him mums number and he handed me the phone.

"Hello." She answered.

"Hey mum where are you?" I asked as Henry put me down to give me some privacy.

"I'm in the queue which is extra long today sweetheart, are you okay? What's wrong? Who's phone are you using? Must I come get you?" She asked frantically.