Mission Impossible part 1

CHAPTER 5

This is Master Sgt. Josh Hamilton intelligence officer of an elite group of recruited military soldiers known as Red Tetra. For the said purpose of testing the top secret military vessel known as the Cyclops. Our purpose is to discreetly push the limits of the United States newest development while at sea. We boarded the vessel April 27th 2015 and set sail out into the Atlantic. The very next day all military personnel awoke to the mysterious atmosphere filled with fog! Captain Leon called the crew to the recreation center and began briefing us on the current status and our mission.

"It was rumored that we would undergo a surprise test with other top secret military weapons involved in order to measure the vessels true capabilities! I'm almost certain this fog is another top secret weapon used to increase the stealth of whatever ambush or plan of attack that will soon come our way .With that being the case everyone remain clam keep rank and be on the lookout for this ambush. If someone boards who you do not believe to be a part of this test remember your training be as cruel as possible to whoever tries to spy out this vessel and reveal its secrets, Sound good". The Captain said ending his speech.

"Sir Yes sir" answered every hand on deck.

We rushed out of the recreational area quickly to our posts waiting for the attack and the chance to show our skill! The fog was extremely thick, yet not moist. I walked into the cock pit just as the captain gave orders to begin moving the Cyclops. Communication's officer Brit notified the captain as well as myself that we had no contact with the mainland, any other vessel and or air craft. "It's clear our test is to show how effective the Cyclops is on its own. Ready the long range cannons and I need to know our exact location stat! "Said Captain Leon.

Approximately fifteen minutes later Sgt. Thomas walked into the cock pit out of breath.

"What is it soldier that caused you to leave your post? Next time radio the cock pit we can't afford to be lacking in any area!" exclaimed Leon.

"Sir all radios are down so I ran as fast as I could. I'm stationed at the rear cannon, about five minutes after I arrived to my post I started to hear a noise. In response I readied my rifle and called for backup. After two more came to assist me I realized the noise was the rudders sir. It appears we are not in water sir!" said Sgt. Thomas.

Thomas was one of the most reliable men we had on board. Not only that the he served under the captain for about 8 years now, so it was hard for the captain to believe him to be lying. On the other hand this vessel as big as it is out of water when we set sail yesterday doesn't seems believable either.

"Who else have you giving this information to?" asked Leon.

"No one sir" replied Thomas.

"Keep it that way, we don't need any of this hocus pocus shit getting around".

Leon turned to me and told me to get to the bottom of this. I told Sgt. Thomas to follow me as we walked into the kitchen. We grabbed about six pots and pans in total. Then we proceeded out of the cock pit towards the rail of the boat. As we approached I threw the three pans I had over board. With a few more steps I could hear the crashing of the sliver wear. I quickly turned to look at Thomas, who also threw his over board to further convince me but I needed a more concrete answer. After all it could be the ambush, the pots could have landed on another vessels deck. The sounds at the rear cannon could have been the motors of a smaller boat getting in place for the ambush. The only thing that troubles me is the fact I don't hear water moving beneath us, but I kept that to myself so a panic wouldn't arise. Immediately I grabbed my radio

"This is Master Sgt. Hamilton to the cockpit over"........................."I repeat this is Master Sgt. Hamilton over".

Thomas reminded me that his radio didn't work as well. We proceeded back to the cockpit. As we entered captain Leon looked expecting a good report but I needed to investigate further.