The others

CHAPTER 4

We reached the final link in the chain there was a bit of a stretch to the deck, but it was doable. I tied the rope connected to the bags on the deck rail and began helping the others on board. I pulled up Taco first and told him to watch my back as I help all the others. Finally pulling up the bags as James helped.
"We need to be as careful as possible due to the fact this is a military vessel, if we run in to anyone don't make sudden movements" I said.
"What makes you think it's military?" asked Janet.
" I noticed the name of this ship as we climbed aboard the U.S.S Cyclops U.S.S stands for Unites States sailing ship so its military alright ".
"Let's get going then maybe there's help here "said Taco.

We all retied in and got going. I called out

"Is any one on board? We're Friendly's "as we walked slowly along the ship.
It was massive judging by the size of the anchor and the fact it took us a half hour just to get to the anchor and we didn't even start at the end of this thing. I kept calling out with nothing in return, then I saw a gun! Almost tripped right over it. I bent over to grab it and it was wet with blood also I notice empty shells on the floor.
"I found a gun its bloody too with shells looks like there was a gun fight of some kind."
Everyone walked up and then Sterling tripped and fell James reached back to help him up. I turned around and walked towards the sound and found both James and Sterling with their backs to me.
"Hey don't go zombie on me we need"
just as I was speaking James stepped to side revealing the dead body on the floor. Seven holes in his body, one in the neck and six in his torso. He was still in his uniform green cameo stained with blood .Stg Thomas could be read on his name tag. I made sure not to say anything that would scare everyone else so I spoke as calmly as I could.
"I need everyone to stay still and listen to what I'm going to say carefully. There's a dead body on the floor over here, so we know who the gun belongs too. Also he was killed. I don't know of it's a good idea to keep calling out while we explore this boat."

There was a brief moment of silence then Liz spoke up
"I say we take the gun and keep looking , its already getting dark and I'm sure there are sleeping quarters some where we can all lock our self's in one area and take turns keeping watch while we rest".
She was right we couldn't risk staying out in the fog overnight. The only other reasonable place would be the cars, but we wouldn't be able to navigate through the fog at night to find them.
"If there are people on board we need to find out right now! We should fire off some shots and wait to see if anyone or anything could be heard walking about. If there are people we should try to negotiate reasonably. If we show our self's friendly and convince them we could be stronger as a team" Said Janet.
"What stopped Thomas from trying the same thing? Oh wait maybe the seven bullet holes in his body" Said James sarcastically.
"Let's keep the noise down and just move forward be aware of what's in your path I have the feeling this won't be the first body we run into" I said quickly.
I crouched low to the floor gun in hand with the safety off. If walking around with a gun felt anything like this in the Wild West then I would imagine being a cowboy was no fun. Everyone was super close to each other. I could feel the slight vibrations in the deck as Taco followed. I picked up the pace because the day light was slowly leaving us. Without warning I right into the cockpit. I feel backwards and Taco grabbed me pulling me up while Jeff started to ask me if I was ok I quickly cut him off with "shhhhhhh" .
Running into the cockpit sent a loud eco throughout the area we were in, so I took advantage of the noise. I was waiting for some type of movement or response from someone on board but there was none. I signaled James to come towards the front. He gave Jeff his lug nut wrench in exchange for one of the bats. We moved along passed a window and then the door. James tested the knob to see if it was locked or not but it wasn't. He gave me the look with his hand on the door and looked back at everyone else. He slowly turned the knob and open the door. I took slow steps in keeping low, I could barely make out the light switch on the other side of the room. I took a min looked outside and could barely see anything it's either the flash lights or see if this light worked. I untied my self-walked over and flipped the switch. It worked! A few other light came on exposing a hall way with three door on the right and two on the left also the hall continued down further with what looked like to be steps at the end. James walked in as everyone else and we closed the door. The ventilation system seemed to be intact because all the fog went up and out. I turned to James who was occupied with another gun. He picked it up and checked the magazine and gave me a devilish smile. If facial expressions could talk his would say now I get to kill someone. After everyone else untied James and I stood in front of the hall while everyone else look at the control panel for a method of communication. Jeff spotted the radio and powered it up he closed his eyes as he spoke into the speaker