Honour and Death

Ready Aim Fire, by Imagine Dragons. The theme for this chapter.

I'd also strongly recommend re-listening to For Those Who Wait, by Fireflight. And the Terminator Two Theme: Judgement Day.

Cynder felt sore all over. She realised dimly that she was being carried and struggled to raise her head. A fire dragon had lifted her on his back and was taking her somewhere. She was confused, and there was only one thing her mind wanted to focus on.

"Spyro..."

He was gone, Malefor had taken him.

She had to get him back.

Cynder tried to get up, but she was weakened after her fear attack. Her entire body was heavy and sore. All she remembered was anger and more magic then she had even known she possessed.

"What... happened?"

The fire dragon kept moving, but he looked back at her.

"You've used up a great deal of mana, you're seriously weakened. That attack you used was extraordinary, all of the orcs are fighting each other now, the whole army is destroying itself."

"The... siege... Where are you taking me?"

"The orcs are finished. Magmar had you retrieved from the battlefield. I'm taking you to the main meeting chamber now."

"What... what about Spyro?"

"The purple dragons have both disappeared. We haven't seen either of them."

"I have to find him..."

The fire dragon carried Cynder into the meeting chamber. She looked around at the familiar faces. Raze looked concerned for her and so did Flame. She struggled off the fire dragon's back and tried to get up, but fell. Suddenly Spark was beside her, he helped her get to her feet. He was small, but quite strong for his size.

Feyer and Ember were also in the room; Cynder looked around at all of them, feeling numb.

"He's... gone..."

"The Warfang dragons are here!" Spark looked excited. "I wanted to watch them, Imperia has got to be the one summoning the storm, she promised to show us that in one of her lessons."

The doors opened and Magmar walked into the room. The other fire dragon who had brought Cynder to the chamber hurried out, closing the door behind him.

"No doubt you're wondering why I called you here."

"Spyro's gone!" Cynder leant on Spark as she staggered to her feet. They were wasting time here.

Ember looked over in surprise, for a moment she looked stunned, then she hurried forwards, forgetting her fear of Cynder.

"Gone? What do you mean? How can he be gone? Cynder, what happened?"

"Malefor took him!"

Magmar's eyes glowed red. "I know. Now the Warfang dragons are here, an-"

"We... we need to search!" Cynder looked around; Ember was the only other one who seemed to get it. Malefor had Spyro, the dragon she loved was in danger, and they had to help him. "I have to talk to Volteer, he would have ideas about where Malefor would go. We need to get a message to him."

"He's already here." Magmar was looking annoyed as Cynder kept on ignoring him. "He came with the Warfang army."

"Right. I need... I need to talk to him..."