So... That was a Trap

That picture of Spyro. I drew that. Myself, it's on Deviantart, my username there is 'Always4Dragons' because my name was taken. Sure it's not perfect, but I am rather proud nevertheless. He's the first piece of art I've ever done on the computer.

I've drawn a picture of Imperia too, she'll be posted at the top of another chapter soon, but you can check her out now if you want.

Story now:

On a small platform above a lake of fire surrounded by hundreds of orcs, the ice dragon Seth stalked Spyro and Cynder.

"I didn't really want to have to kill you, Malefor and Gracious didn't either, that's why they've left you for me." Seth said.

"Then why are you going to try?" Spyro asked. Seth shrugged.

"Sometimes a few dragons have to die for the sake of us all; you two are disruptions, threats. If left to your own devices you would damage the perfect world Malefor will create."

"A perfect world needs to have me in it." Cynder said, completely straight faced. Spyro snorted with laughter.

"Are you going to take this seriously?" Seth asked.

"Nope, never." Cynder said with a smile.

"Well if that makes you feel better about this..." Seth lunged for Spyro.

Spyro saw it coming, Cynder saw it coming. The only one who didn't expect what happened next was Seth.

The ice dragon was fast, very fast, but he'd made the critical mistake of leaving himself too much distance to cross in launching his "surprise" attack.

Spyro didn't quite have the weight and strength of a full grown dragon, but he had the skill to use what he did have to perfect effect.

The movement that would become an attack began in Spyro's feet before racing up his legs and flowing through his tail and back as the purple dragon reared up; Cynder admired the grace of the motion, then Spyro twisted his shoulders, pivoted and smashed a devastating punch into the ice dragon's jaw. Cynder recognised that Spyro had adapted one of the moves from the Way of balance into his counterattack. Close combat may not have been Spyro's greatest strength, but that didn't make him any less devastating at it.

Seth was caught completely off guard and crashed to the ground. But he was quick to rise again, and anger flickered across his face.

"Perhaps I was incautious. Let's do this properly." He looked around at the stands and row upon row of orcs. "Kill them both." He said.

In moments the platform was filled with enemies, Spyro and Cynder were trapped. Cynder cloaked herself in shadows and she instead had the enemy trapped... from the inside. That was plenty enough for her to work with, she swept through the crowd and began to do what she did so well, kill things.

Spyro decided that dealing with their opponents one by one was too slow, and after all he couldn't simply poison and forget like Cynder did. He breathed in and concentrated, then he breathed out a snowstorm. Visibility dropped to almost zero, the temperature dropped sharply and snow danced across the platform.

Cynder recognised Spyro's favoured combo, she cleared the air around her of snow with her wind magic and retreated to the walls outside of the blizzard as quickly as she could.

Spyro spent several seconds creating spears of ice and sending them crashing down on the orcs nearby to ensure Cynder had time to get clear, he wasn't going to let her get hurt. Seth decided to take the fight to Spyro, being unaffected by the ice storm.